BEWARE of Brownwood Jewelers

BEWARE of Brownwood Jewelers

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 01-15-2019, 08:35 AM
Sage

[QUOTE=BK001;1616233]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brawnwy123 View Post

We are from Brooklyn and I think that qualifies us as being very cautious, suspicious and wary by nature. The no cash refund policy is so common that I am shocked that anyone thinks it is not standard policy with small businesses. Unfortunately both parties relied on the word "return" without a further explanation of what that entails -- cash, credit, etc. So seller and buyer had a miscommunication. But it is Caveat Emptor and the seller absolutely did what he promised -- to return the item.

As far as being lied to in The Villages? Absolutely not our experience at all. Bought a house, two cars, tons of items from TOTV, and lots of household furnishings and services from various local businesses. Never had a problem.
We're from the midwest so with that, are more trusting of people and their "word". So being wary has to be learned from experience. That said though...we haven't ever been lied to by The Villages or car people neither. We did have "one" experience with someone (NOT even from The Villages) but that's on us for not doing further investigation. Lesson learned! New folks also need to be skeptical of landscapers, handy people and the like who ask for $$$ up front and don't show up. THAT wasn't a part however of our "one" experience. It was for a product sold that didn't offer the results promised or the full-return if it didn't. I will also add it wasn't from a local business neither---but an independent contractor who was prevailing upon people's needs and left the area. Lesson learned!! THAT was 2 yrs ago

Old 01-16-2019, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I agree that the return policy should have been explained better, and their website contains a lot of detailed information, but nothing about the return policy. But, apparently, their policy is the same as many other jewelers. FYI, I emailed the Brownwood Jewelers, and here is their return policy in writing:

Items may be returned for store credit or exchanged within 21 days from date of purchase. Merchandise must be in original and unworn condition with the original packaging, all warranty cards and explanation booklets intact. Closeout, special orders, altered pieces (including ring sizing) and custom pieces are not returnable or exchangeable. Gift certificates and gift cards are not redeemable for cash and may be used for purchases only. No refunds will be given; a store credit will be issued for returned items. We stand behind all of our products and services with a lifetime manufacture defect warranty.
But when the owner knows you are buying a Christmas gift and you ask if it can be returned and he tells you it can be returned within three weeks for a refund, you believe them - if they are a reputable company. Even if the owner had not specifically said it could be returned for a refund, to be asked about a return policy only say it could be returned within three weeks without also saying you could only get store credit is dishonest.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2019, 12:59 PM
Gold member

I agree. It certainly seems misleading. I’m disappointed, though, I’ve never heard anything but good things about this store.

Tags
husband, store, credit, told, worked