Beware of Kane's Furniture in Ocala

Closed Thread
Old 02-19-2019, 12:47 PM
Default Beware of Kane's Furniture in Ocala

This may not be the right area to post this but the moderators can delete or move it as they see fit. About three weeks ago after finally locating our first home in TV we immediately went out shopping for new furniture. DW found living room furniture she liked at Kane's Furniture in Ocala. We said we were not closing till Feb. 22, they said no problem they could hold the furniture for us. Several pieces were not in stock at the time but were expected to arrive before we took possession of the house. We paid in full up front as they would not reserve the furniture for us without upfront payment. By paying in advance we were told they would hold the furniture for us till after closing date.

So yesterday we got a call from our salesman at Kane's Furniture and was told that all was in stock and when could they deliver. We reminded them that our closing was not until this Friday the 22nd. They could deliver on the 26th, (their proposed earliest delivery date). We said that should be O.K. so long as there was no problems with closing.

So we get a call today from the same salesman at Kane's Furniture. He basically admitted that Kane's had sold some of the pieces that we had paid for, out from under us. After much discussion and complaining they finally connected DW to "a manager" at the Ocala store. All he did was give excuses with no remedy offered. First he said "well the furniture could have been damaged upon arrival to the warehouse", but finally in his conversation to DW the manager admitted they do not hold furniture for anyone, paid for or not, if there is someone else who will take delivery.

Buy from these people at your own risk. They demand payment up front before ordering furniture for you and then will only hold it till someone else comes along that can take immediate delivery. That is after they lied by saying they would hold it for us.
Old 02-19-2019, 12:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Babbettes has opened a location nearer The Villages. I think that is a good move on their part. We have had good success in our purchases from them in the eleven years we have been here.
Old 02-19-2019, 01:00 PM
Soaring Eagle member

We had similar experiences with Kane's of Ocala nine years ago - took two hours to book our order in the store, they called us two weeks later to say that our choice of fabric wasn't available on our chairs, even though they'd assisted in the choosing, then the delivery didn't arrive on the agreed date. Quite how they remain in business...
Old 02-19-2019, 01:03 PM

Family Furniture in Leesburg no issues with them. Had an order with City Furniture, they were paid in full as well, several days before delivery we were told that tehy ould only get one bookcase instead of two we paid for. They were going to check other stores, never heard back until they called for a delivery confirmation of the incomplete order... We canceled and received a full refund.
Old 02-19-2019, 04:36 PM
Gold member

Another Positive shout out for Family Furniture!
Old 02-20-2019, 07:44 PM

We had great service from Kane's in Ocala when we move here to The Villages.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

We also had great experiences with Kane.....had a warranty issue on one piece and they handled it professionally and expeditiously.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 02-21-2019, 08:10 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

We looked at Kane’s, City, Babette’s and others online and visited a number of them when we were there. City had the best prices and selection of our liking. I know some have had issues but we are hoping it all works out for us..
Old 02-22-2019, 05:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Kane’s dropped our sofa taking it off the truck, broke the arm off and cracked the back of couch. They didn’t think we would notice, and brought it in. Unwrap and waited for us to sign for delivery.

Told them to take it back it was damaged. While he called his supervisor I wrote on the tag attached to couch. .Driver Not happy but took it out.

Two weeks later delivered “NEW” couch. I removed the cushion showed the driver the name I wrote on the back of tag attached to couch. They fixed the arm, but forgot to fix the back soon as you sat down the back of couch fell back.

Made them remove the couch and love seat, took 6 weeks to get refund, after many phone calls.
Old 02-23-2019, 02:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down Seniors vs Crime.

Always call Seniors vs Crime and never pay up front unless you can afford to lose the money.
Old 02-23-2019, 03:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Kane’s dropped our sofa taking it off the truck, broke the arm off and cracked the back of couch. They didn’t think we would notice, and brought it in. Unwrap and waited for us to sign for delivery.

Told them to take it back it was damaged. While he called his supervisor I wrote on the tag attached to couch. .Driver Not happy but took it out.

Two weeks later delivered “NEW” couch. I removed the cushion showed the driver the name I wrote on the back of tag attached to couch. They fixed the arm, but forgot to fix the back soon as you sat down the back of couch fell back.

Made them remove the couch and love seat, took 6 weeks to get refund, after many phone calls.
Very clever!

Something I will keep in mind, should something similar ever happen to me.
Closed Thread

Tags
furniture, hold, kanes, closing, ocala

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.