Beware of landscaper "Top Quality Tree Surgeon LLC"!!!

Closed Thread
Old 09-19-2022, 03:58 PM
Default Beware of landscaper "Top Quality Tree Surgeon LLC"!!!

On 05/06/2022 my wife contracted with Top Quality Tree Surgeon LLC to have our new home landscaped to remove and upgrade the work done by the builder. Travis Gay took a $400.00 deposit and scheduled to start the work on 07/28/2022. To date nothing has been done. When we called he would keep saying we were second in line and he had a $2million dollar contract that was taking up their time but promised they would be here early in August, then it became late August. Finally, I called and told Travis we just wanted to cancel and get our deposit refunded. He said he would get a check mailed out to us the next week, this was on 08/30/2022. Of course we have seen nothing. He is not answering his phone. I left him a voicemail to call me back and am not holding my breath that he will do so. Looks like we need to visit the local courthouse and file a small claims lawsuit.

I highly advise everyone avoid Top Quality Tree Surgeon! A Google search shows he was licensed back in 2015, but all indications are his license has lapsed and shows as "inactive" on the below websites:

https://www.bizapedia.com/fl/top-qua...rgeon-llc.html
TOP QUALITY TREE SURGEON LLC. SUMMERFIELD, FL
TOP QUALITY TREE SURGEON LLC / Gay Travis
Old 09-19-2022, 04:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,653 Times in 1,496 Posts

Thank you for the warning.
Old 09-19-2022, 04:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,616 Times in 5,196 Posts

Sorry it happened. But, I don't know how many times it has been said on this website. Do not pay a contractor in advance. When a contractor asks for a $400 deposit, it is a huge red flag that you are about to be ripped off. There is no reason that a contractor needs a deposit unless he is trying to steal your money. I doubt that you will get any satisfaction from a small claims court.
Old 09-19-2022, 04:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,616 Times in 5,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottvs1961 View Post
On 05/06/2022 my wife contracted with Top Quality Tree Surgeon LLC to have our new home landscaped to remove and upgrade the work done by the builder. Travis Gay took a $400.00 deposit and scheduled to start the work on 07/28/2022. To date nothing has been done. When we called he would keep saying we were second in line and he had a $2million dollar contract that was taking up their time but promised they would be here early in August, then it became late August. Finally, I called and told Travis we just wanted to cancel and get our deposit refunded. He said he would get a check mailed out to us the next week, this was on 08/30/2022. Of course we have seen nothing. He is not answering his phone. I left him a voicemail to call me back and am not holding my breath that he will do so. Looks like we need to visit the local courthouse and file a small claims lawsuit.

I highly advise everyone avoid Top Quality Tree Surgeon! A Google search shows he was licensed back in 2015, but all indications are his license has lapsed and shows as "inactive" on the below websites:

Top Quality Tree Surgeon LLC in Summerfield, FL | Company Info
TOP QUALITY TREE SURGEON LLC. SUMMERFIELD, FL
TOP QUALITY TREE SURGEON LLC / Gay Travis
Note that the links you provided are not Florida license websites. The contractor is an LLC, which stands for "Limited Liability Company". An LLC is really nothing more than a name registration, not a license. This company has probably never had a license.

Whenever I hire a contractor, I check their license status using this website:

Licensing Portal - License Search

It will tell you immediately whether the contractor has a Florida license and the status. It will also alert you to any complaints filed against the company. If a contractor says that he is licensed, always ask for his license number.
Old 09-19-2022, 05:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,131 Times in 811 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post

Whenever I hire a contractor, I check their license status using this website:

Licensing Portal - License Search

It will tell you immediately whether the contractor has a Florida license and the status. It will also alert you to any complaints filed against the company. If a contractor says that he is licensed, always ask for his license number.
Great to know for future reference, Thanks
Closed Thread

Tags
surgeon, tree, quality, top, deposit

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.