Beware of Roofing Company from Orlando

Closed Thread
Old 05-17-2018, 08:05 AM
Default Beware of Roofing Company from Orlando

A roofing company from Orlando who was doing work in our area came to our house on April 11 to check our roof for wind damage from Hurricane Irma. He inspected our roof, the insurance adjuster came out, & it was determined we needed a new roof. We signed an agreement with the Project Manager, paid our deductible, and were told we would have our new roof within "days".

On Thursday, May 3 shingles were delivered & we had them put in our yard because we didn't want our "coated" driveway damaged, and we thought they would be out the next morning to start. No one showed up, so the Project Manager was contacted, and he promised the work would be done last week. Last Thursday, the Project Manager came to the house & told us that the guys would be here around 7 AM Friday morning to start on our roof. When I got home at 10:30 AM Friday, no work had been started, there was no phone call from the Project Manager that they wouldn't be out because rain was expected this week, and the shingles had been killing our grass for over a week.

I contacted the Production Manager, and after further discussion, it was mutually agreed to cancel the contract. I was told my refund check would be sent out Monday, and they would pick up the shingles, hopefully, on Monday. It is now Thursday, & the shingles have not been picked up, nor have we received our refund check (according to Informed Mail Deliver it's not in today's mail).

Communication is the key to the success of any business along with truthfulness & honesty! Unfortunately, this does not seem to be this company's motto.
Old 05-17-2018, 12:17 PM
Veteran member

What's the name of the company?
Old 05-17-2018, 02:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I think it wise to never do business with anyone who calls to solicit your business or knocks on your door.

There are scams that have you sign a contract that sends your insurance money directly to the bad guys.

Tags
roof, manager, project, shingles, week

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.