Beware: Service Smart

Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2018, 09:02 AM
Default Beware: Service Smart

I've been a customer of Service Smart for several years and while satisfied with their pest control service their lawn service is severely lacking. I have had problems with weeds in my yard for 2 years now and Service Smart has not lived up to their commitment to control them. The reason for this post is to let others no that I they have repeatedly promised to show up to address the issue and then didn't follow up. When I called to cancel the service, the person I needed to talk to about a refund was "not in" but I was assured that I would receive a call that same day. A week later, I called again and got exactly the same answer. This complaint isn't so much about the quality of their lawn services, which I thought was adequate with the exception of the weed control, but rather their failure to to do what they promised to do, when they said they would do it.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:07 AM
Veteran member

this company stinks . 10 000 people cant be wrong.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:46 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Really surprised they haven’t changed their name yet. That’s what they used to do on a regular basis. Guess their fleet has gotten too big for it to be cost effective. To put it mildly, they suck!

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 05-14-2018, 09:57 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

BBB rated "F" and their website is now down. I heard they have started a new company under a different name but did not get the name. Watch out for anyone "new" in the Lawn Business.

BBB Business Profile | Service Smart Management.

File a complaint.
You may file a complaint against a lawn service provider with the Attorney General’s Office online at Florida Attorney General - Home Page or by phone at 1-866-9-NO-SCAM. Additionally, you may file a complaint with the Department of Agriculture and Consumers Services online at Consumer Services / Divisions & Offices / Home - Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services or by phone at 1-800-HELP-FLA.

Last edited by Jayhawk; 05-14-2018 at 10:08 AM.
Old 06-05-2018, 06:20 PM

Beware of Relevant also, Service Smart owns them along with Sutter & are switching people over to them. I think S. M. may go away because their name is soooo bad. They take your $$$ & do nothing.
What they are doing in Fenny is not legal why don't people turn them in for soliciting?
Old 06-05-2018, 06:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettman17 View Post
Beware of Relevant also, Service Smart owns them along with Sutter & are switching people over to them. I think S. M. may go away because their name is soooo bad. They take your $$$ & do nothing.
What they are doing in Fenny is not legal why don't people turn them in for soliciting?
I had a tree service leave an unsolicited business card in my door...so I called them.

I told the guy that not only was he trespassing and breaking TV rules, but I would make sure all my neighbors (including the one that had hired him for a small job)...knew what a jerk he was.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:42 PM

I agree about service smart. So I fired them after a year and many weeds and got deans a month ago and they’re just as bad except they don’t touch weeds unless I pay $89 every other month and $55 for a special treatment in July. Are there any decent lawn services to just do their job?? So mad right now.
Old 06-05-2018, 08:24 PM

service smart owed me a refund. They kept saying the refund is on its way, but they never paid me. Horrible company.
Old 06-06-2018, 05:42 AM
Location: Village of Hillsborough. (Past) Gilbertsvile, PA and Philadelphia, PA

They changed their name to Revelent
Old 06-06-2018, 05:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobh521 View Post
They changed their name to Revelent

After my experience with them, they will always remain...Irrevelent.

(And yes, it was a purposeful pun...using the incorrect word.)
Old 06-06-2018, 07:12 AM
Default We are on the list

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishgolf View Post
I've been a customer of Service Smart for several years and while satisfied with their pest control service their lawn service is severely lacking. I have had problems with weeds in my yard for 2 years now and Service Smart has not lived up to their commitment to control them. The reason for this post is to let others no that I they have repeatedly promised to show up to address the issue and then didn't follow up. When I called to cancel the service, the person I needed to talk to about a refund was "not in" but I was assured that I would receive a call that same day. A week later, I called again and got exactly the same answer. This complaint isn't so much about the quality of their lawn services, which I thought was adequate with the exception of the weed control, but rather their failure to to do what they promised to do, when they said they would do it.
Service Smart has cut our grass no more than four times over the past three and a half months. The last visit was after I called their office six times, each time being told, "You are on the list." My lawn has gone five weeks without being cut at one point, and today it's over two weeks. Terrible customer service from this company.
Old 06-06-2018, 02:43 PM
Default Service Fart

'Nuff said!
Old 06-07-2018, 12:02 AM

I have a law suite against them for some landscape work that they never even started. I cancelled the job because they said they would start in Feb. Then I heard they messed up and our file was put in a different spot (which I knew was a story to begin with)Then it was 2 weeks.Well I waited a month calling them at least 2 times per week and kept getting very silly stories.I told them to just for get about it and refund my Mom her deposit.I then find out from her they sent her a letter 2 weeks after the 1st meeting saying they needed more money and she sent them a check.I was not here at that time cause I travel a lot and had no idea this was going on.My mom said oh Im not worried they are very nice people.Well of course they are.She gave them 1/2 the first time and the rest 2 weeks later for a total of $1800,00.
I came to find out they changed their name 3 times in less than 8 years.They everything but I seen it in black and white.I also am on a list to have my case against them heard.HERES THE DEAL WITH THAT.THEY HAVE 237 LAW SUITS AGAINST THEM RIGHT NOW AND TRYING TO CLAIM BANKRUPTCY FOR THE 2ND TIME!! Everyone is after them including the state county etc.an everybody else you can think of.SO DONT EVEN LOOK AT THAT TRUCK WITH THE OWL ON IT,UNLESS OF COURSE YOU ENJOY GIVING SCUM LIKE THEM MONEY.Talk to the group crimes against seniors if you think any of this is a story,they will tell you the same thing.
STAY AWAY!
Closed Thread

Tags
service, control, smart, promised, called

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.