Beware of UBER EATS in The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 07-05-2020, 09:29 PM
Default Beware of UBER EATS in The Villages

We ordered PIASANOS pizzas and after 1 ½ hours we called the restaurant and found the order had been canceled by UBER EATS because they apparently had no drivers in the villages. UBER EATS never called us, just emailed which of course we never checked. So I can't recommend UBER EATS at all.

UBER EATS rates F----

However The restaurant PIASANOS made us new fresh pizzas which were outstanding. So I can't recommend them enough.

PIASANOS rates A+++
Old 07-06-2020, 08:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwbrandt View Post
UBER EATS never called us, just emailed which of course we never checked. So I can't recommend UBER EATS at all.
PIASANOS rates A+++
Problem is Uber target customers (Younger gens) would have Known immediately, cause their phone never leaves their hand/ pocket, therefore getting the email but usually a text immediately. Would never expect a call
Old 07-07-2020, 09:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,037 Times in 5,329 Posts

Good to know. If we called or text to set up pickup would expect any update same way
Old 07-07-2020, 11:10 AM

I heard on the news last night that UBER eats is no longer delivering to white people, only minorities. Not sure how correct that is, but could explain problem if you have ordered from them before and received the order then.
Old 07-07-2020, 11:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Uber Eats

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny56 View Post
I heard on the news last night that UBER eats is no longer delivering to white people, only minorities. Not sure how correct that is, but could explain problem if you have ordered from them before and received the order then.
That is not true. They are not charging Black owned restaurants a delivery fee. They deliver to any person that orders.
Old 07-07-2020, 11:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,178 Times in 834 Posts

Quote:
Oh, really?? I'd love you to post a link to that bit of news which somehow I missed. I am hoping you are just badly misinformed or perhaps need new batteries? I hope this doesn't represent how your belief system twists information to fit a particular bias.
Old 07-07-2020, 11:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,037 Times in 5,329 Posts

Quote:
Find that very hard to believe.
Old 07-07-2020, 12:02 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwbrandt View Post
We ordered PIASANOS pizzas and after 1 ½ hours we called the restaurant and found the order had been canceled by UBER EATS because they apparently had no drivers in the villages.

UBER emailed which of course we never checked.

There is the problem.

Tags
uber, eats, piasanos, recommend, rates

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.