Beware of Village Ford!

Closed Thread
Old 11-11-2016, 09:49 AM
Default Beware of Village Ford!

I went to Village Ford with a print out of a vehicle that I looked at from Key Scales Ford in Leesburg. It had price, vin# etc. The salesperson said that he could dealer swap and get me the that vehicle for $1,600 less than what they quoted me. Again, same vehicle was promised, same vin, etc. I agreed and was told it would be swapped in next day. At around 3:00 pm, the salesman called me and said we just picked up the vehicle, it is here and we are cleaning it up, come on down. We arrived and began filling out the paperwork, only to notice that the vin# was different. I said this is a different vin#, and was told that it was the same truck. I went out to look at it only to find a completely different truck...no bedliner, no pinstripe, no bug deflector, different seats! The salesman said that we can add those missing items and it will only cost you $1,000 more. He called me up and plain out lied. He said he picked up the truck we discussed..he did not. I was so infuriated that I walked out...went back to Key Scales and picked up my new truck, at an excellent price and a great buying experience. Be Carefull out there!
Old 11-11-2016, 09:53 AM
Gold member

The ol' bait and swithceroo.
Old 11-11-2016, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV View Post
The ol' bait and swithceroo.

Ford dealership out side of Chicago used to throw your car keys on their roof (of the building) and demand you trade in your car...you didnt have your keys after all.
Old 11-11-2016, 01:01 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,307 Times in 541 Posts

After purchasing four new vehicles at the same Dealership and through the same salesman, I ran into a new aggressive Dealer finance manager who tacked on one of those extended warranties after being specifically told, absolutely no extended warranty and no life insurance. Because I trusted the Dealership I never paid attention to what I signed and was only thinking about the 1.9% interest and thinking about the investment I wouldn't need to tap in order to pay cash for the vehicle. How smart! Later when I looked at the paperwork I was beyond furious. Frankly, as much with myself as I was with the finance manager.

My salesman (who was salesman of the month and a friend) was even more furious than me. I was made whole and the finance guy is no longer employed at this particular Dealership. I plan to continue business with my "gold star" salesman and this Dealership.

I said all that to say---yes, be careful out there and always read carefully all the paperwork that you sign.

OP, this salesman at Village Ford should be fired.
Old 11-11-2016, 02:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,119 Times in 2,237 Posts

In a previous post (a few months ago), I vented about problems with service at Village Ford dealership, based on those problems, I will not be going back, I am currently using Key Scales, but service is still not what I expect, a 3-4 day wait for an oil change, really? Went to Sumter tire, the same day, in and out is about 1/2 hour.
Old 11-11-2016, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
a 3-4 day wait for an oil change, really? Went to Sumter tire, the same day, in and out is about 1/2 hour.
For just an oil change? Heck, I get the oil in my Mercedes changed at WalMart! They have a $89 "Synthetic" oil change. This includes 8.5qts of Mobil 1 0-40...Fram filter and labor.

If I was to purchase the oil it is $8.99qt at WalMart - $11.99qt at AutoZone...this is after all "just" an oil change by an ASE mechanic...the whole thing at WalMart is less than the price of the oil (and I watch them pour in the Mobil1). Orlando Mercedes wants $280 for an oil change...
Old 11-11-2016, 03:13 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arickis View Post
I went to Village Ford with a print out of a vehicle that I looked at from Key Scales Ford in Leesburg. It had price, vin# etc. The salesperson said that he could dealer swap and get me the that vehicle for $1,600 less than what they quoted me. Again, same vehicle was promised, same vin, etc. I agreed and was told it would be swapped in next day. At around 3:00 pm, the salesman called me and said we just picked up the vehicle, it is here and we are cleaning it up, come on down. We arrived and began filling out the paperwork, only to notice that the vin# was different. I said this is a different vin#, and was told that it was the same truck. I went out to look at it only to find a completely different truck...no bedliner, no pinstripe, no bug deflector, different seats! The salesman said that we can add those missing items and it will only cost you $1,000 more. He called me up and plain out lied. He said he picked up the truck we discussed..he did not. I was so infuriated that I walked out...went back to Key Scales and picked up my new truck, at an excellent price and a great buying experience. Be Carefull out there!
File a complaint with the BBB and AG office.

Skip
Old 11-11-2016, 03:57 PM
Sage

Mobil1 is about $24 for 5 quarts at Wal-Mart. About $5/quart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LitespeedRider View Post
For just an oil change? Heck, I get the oil in my Mercedes changed at WalMart! They have a $89 "Synthetic" oil change. This includes 8.5qts of Mobil 1 0-40...Fram filter and labor.

If I was to purchase the oil it is $8.99qt at WalMart - $11.99qt at AutoZone...this is after all "just" an oil change by an ASE mechanic...the whole thing at WalMart is less than the price of the oil (and I watch them pour in the Mobil1). Orlando Mercedes wants $280 for an oil change...
Old 11-11-2016, 03:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,674 Times in 628 Posts

FORD = Found On Road Dead
Old 11-11-2016, 03:59 PM
Sage

FORD= Fix Or Repair Daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
FORD = Found On Road Dead
Old 11-11-2016, 06:46 PM
Gold member

Rule number one : never give your keys to the salesman
Rule number two: all dealers are out to make ad much as they can off of you
Old 11-11-2016, 07:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
FORD= Fix Or Repair Daily

Then you must also know what the acronym PONTIAC means [emoji15]...
Old 11-11-2016, 07:55 PM
Veteran member
Default Car Dealers

[QUOTE=LitespeedRider;1318763]For just an oil change? Heck, I get the oil in my Mercedes changed at WalMart! They have a $89 "Synthetic" oil change. This includes 8.5qts of Mobil 1 0-40...Fram filter and labor.

If I was to purchase the oil it is $8.99qt at WalMart - $11.99qt at AutoZone...this is after all "just" an oil change by an ASE mechanic...the whole thing at WalMart is less than the price of the oil (and I watch them pour in the Mobil1).

From bbbbbb
Hi, amazing what can happen with Car Dealers or ??
Years ago, I made a few bucks with friends, we would drive used cars from So. Cal to a Ford Dealer in Salt Lake City. SLC dealer would come to Long Beach and buy the cars and call us to drive them. Maybe 15-20 cars at a time. So, on one trip as we arrived in SLC, the dealer met us and told us to drive the cars to a lot and put the keys under the floor mat and he would meet us at a local walk-able Restaurant and get dinner for us, give us our money and bus fare home. Sounds good? My good friend Bob Barnes was a real rough and tumble guy, he saw the trick coming and told the dealer to pay us now and to give us the money for dinner as promised. Dealer refused and told us to drive the cars to the lot or get out of town. Bob grabbed him by the shirt and in no uncertain terms, told him, give us the money agreed to or you spend a few days in the hospital. We got the money and refused to drive for him anymore.

bbbbbb Fun and games, growing up.
Old 11-11-2016, 08:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
Then you must also know what the acronym PONTIAC means [emoji15]...
Could you esplain dat one to me please? No esplanation in the Urban Dictionary.
Old 11-11-2016, 08:32 PM

I take my Mercedes to Philips GMC. Mobile 1 synthetic/oil filter and general check $59.00. Quick service as well.
Closed Thread

Tags
vehicle, truck, vin#, picked, ford

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.