Broward Factory Service

Closed Thread
Old 10-28-2019, 03:23 PM
Default Broward Factory Service

Just a heads up I purchased the Broward Factory Service Silver Service Plan. This is the plan they sell at those Panera bread meetings. It sounded to good to be true so I should have known better. My first experience was for my Garbage Disposal the serviceman came out three days after my call and told me it wasn’t covered by the service plan even though it says Garbage Disposal in the large print. So I ended up paying $175.00 for the service guy to install a new Disposal. Call two was for my washing machine that was leaking out the bottom the serviceman came out four days after my call to the office and this guy knew absolutely nothing about washing machines he tightened the hoses which weren’t loose and said to call back if it still leaked. The next day when I ran a load of course it leaked all over the floor again so I called for service again. This time it took five days (I Sensing a pattern) for the serviceman to come out. This guy at least open up the machine an told me the circuitboard was bad and he would order one that day and I would receive a call when it arrived. Three days later I get a call from the office and they told me the board is not covered and it would be almost $500 to fix a $400 washing machine. I don’t know if the board is really bad or the serviceman just told me that so he wouldn’t have to fix it knowing no one would spent that amount of money on a 8 year old washing machine. The bottom line is I wasted almost $300 on a service agreement with a company that has unqualified serviceman and they don’t seem to cover anything. So if you are looking at this service buyer beware just another company ripping off senior citizens.
Old 10-28-2019, 03:55 PM
Veteran member

We have a 10 year old LG upright washer that started leaking a couple of months ago. I checked on YouTube and found that a faulty circuit board was the likely culprit. I ordered the part on Amazon for less than $25 and replaced it myself in about 20 minutes. No more leaks.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 10-28-2019, 04:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,146 Times in 2,245 Posts

OP, sorry for your problems, I was afraid of these home warranty outfits, thanks for the info.
Old 10-28-2019, 04:44 PM
Veteran member
Location: Upstate NY, So Fla, Louisiana, So Fla, Santiago and now Bonnybrook

Just about all of those home warranty companies are not worth carrying. They are all BAD. I know from experience, mine and other I know that had problems.
Old 10-28-2019, 05:12 PM

Call seniors vs crime and file a complaint.
Old 10-28-2019, 05:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,146 Times in 2,245 Posts

OP, JerryP, got there first, but yes call seniors against crime, and file a complaint also the BBB. Seniors against crime, 352-689-4600, extension 4606, this is the SCSO, and SAG is a division of the Florida attorney general.
Old 10-28-2019, 05:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankeny View Post
Just a heads up I purchased the Broward Factory Service Silver Service Plan. This is the plan they sell at those Panera bread meetings. It sounded to good to be true so I should have known better. My first experience was for my Garbage Disposal the serviceman came out three days after my call and told me it wasn’t covered by the service plan even though it says Garbage Disposal in the large print. So I ended up paying $175.00 for the service guy to install a new Disposal. Call two was for my washing machine that was leaking out the bottom the serviceman came out four days after my call to the office and this guy knew absolutely nothing about washing machines he tightened the hoses which weren’t loose and said to call back if it still leaked. The next day when I ran a load of course it leaked all over the floor again so I called for service again. This time it took five days (I Sensing a pattern) for the serviceman to come out. This guy at least open up the machine an told me the circuitboard was bad and he would order one that day and I would receive a call when it arrived. Three days later I get a call from the office and they told me the board is not covered and it would be almost $500 to fix a $400 washing machine. I don’t know if the board is really bad or the serviceman just told me that so he wouldn’t have to fix it knowing no one would spent that amount of money on a 8 year old washing machine. The bottom line is I wasted almost $300 on a service agreement with a company that has unqualified serviceman and they don’t seem to cover anything. So if you are looking at this service buyer beware just another company ripping off senior citizens.
My BS meter is nearing 100%. I have the same plan. My disposal was leaking. I called and they were there in the PM. Had a new disposal on the truck and had it installed in less than 1/2 hour. He cleaned up the mess and was gone, no charge. Needed a new relay for my A/C. Un-named A/C company wanted $79, Called BFS, they put in a new one, no charge. I have recommended this company to several neighbors, and they have been very happy with the service.

BTW, I see this is your 1st post=====Welcome to TOTV

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 10-28-2019, 08:38 PM
Veteran member

We have also had Broward for years and they were always readily available and fixed the problem.
Old 11-05-2019, 06:06 PM

have had Broward for three years , air conditioner went out in August called Broward they came out that afternoon installed
new capacitor , Granted it was a small part but it was fixed immediately, Thats my only experience thus far.
Old 11-05-2019, 06:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,672 Times in 5,226 Posts

In my opinion, you should never, ever buy a home warranty for two reasons. First of all, you will always get a substandard contractor because the best contractors have plenty business and don't need to be associated with home warranty companies. And, secondly, you will be locked in to their schedule, which means that you may need to wait days to get something repaired. In The Villages, there are always at least 5 or 6 contractors who are available to come to your house and repair something, usually the same day.
Old 11-06-2019, 05:32 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

Our neighbor has them and hasn't had any problems. Quick fixes, and no upsells.

Tags
service, call, serviceman, told, washing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.