Buckhead Tony

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 06-23-2011, 09:41 AM
Question Rental advice?

My wife and I are considering trying to rent something in the Villages for a year or two, and she would live there full time while I am closing out my business and selling our place in Atlanta. We would then look to buy. Any advice on whether this is a practical course of action and if so, who should I contact or go through for rental options?

Last edited by tsmith@wwhgd.com; 06-23-2011 at 10:18 AM. Reason: clarify
Old 06-23-2011, 04:13 PM
Default Trying to sell in Atlanta Market

Good luck selling anything in the metro Atlanta market. It's just not moving. We've had our home in Loganville for sale several months and not the first interest. Several people we know got out of the sales market before they starved to death. They said to my wife and I... "Good Luck, but it ain't gonna happen. Nothing is selling".

We would move down now, but don't want to try and sell 420 miles away.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:09 PM
Location: East Alton, IL (near St. Louis, Mo), Duval, St. James and hopefully lastly Collier
Default rental

What type/size of house are you wanting to rent and how soon? We have a 3 1/2 yr. old Cabot Cove patio villa we will be wanting to rent out as soon as our new home is built. We have rented it every year during the winter season but we are considering renting it long term once we are there full time. Send me a PM if you'd like more information on it.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:33 PM
Sage

Tsmith,
Welcome to TOTV from another Atlantan! Sounds like a good plan to me. If you haven't sold your home yet and don't want a second one, renting is a viable option. It is an easy drive from ATL to TV, so hopefully you could come down often in the interim.

A great place to find TV rentals is www.thevillages4rent.com.

As Tommy mentioned, the housing market isn't great; but I do have friends who have sold homes recently in the ATL area. If your home is in Buckhead, the market might not be as soft as in the burbs.

BTW, I know an excellent Realtor who sells homes in the Buckhead area. If you are interested, send me a PM.

All best wishes!
P
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.