There is no Lemon Law in Florida.

Vicar of Dibley
Old 11-11-2017, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
Here’s the Car Fax

The Villages FloridaThe Villages FloridaThe Villages Florida

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't see the repairs or service calls listed on this report. They are usually listed by the dealers. I just bought a 2007 Toyota Solara and every oil change and battery replacement done at the dealers was reported.
Old 11-11-2017, 12:21 PM
Sage
Default Buyer beware phillips toyota, leesburg, fl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMF Doc View Post
I don't see the repairs or service calls listed on this report. They are usually listed by the dealers. I just bought a 2007 Toyota Solara and every oil change and battery replacement done at the dealers was reported.

Here’s the rest of the report. No services shown.
The Villages Florida

Does CARFAX have different tiers of documentation ?
The myCARFAX.com link on the bottom does not work.

Old 11-11-2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Here’s the rest of the report. No services shown.
The Villages Florida

Does CARFAX have different tiers of documentation ?
The myCARFAX.com link on the bottom does not work.

Not sure. But ones I looked at when looking for a car listed number of previous owners, accidents, service and repairs and the mileage when these events took place.

Just wondering if they were omitted or just not recorded at all or?????

This is from the carafe.com web site:
Every CARFAX Vehicle History Report™ checks for...

CARFAX Reports contain important information that can help you make a more informed decision about a used car, truck or SUV, including:
Vehicle Registration Frame/structural damageSalvaged, Junked or Flood titlesAccident indicatorsOdometer readingsService and repair informationLemon historyVehicle usage (taxi, rental, lease, etc.)Total loss accident historyRecall information

Based on that I would think there is one level of reporting. I think your only options are to choose a single report, multiple reports or subscription for a certain period of time.
Old 11-11-2017, 12:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMF Doc View Post
Not sure. But ones I looked at when looking for a car listed number of previous owners, accidents, service and repairs and the mileage when these events took place.

Just wondering if they were omitted or just not recorded at all or?????

I don’t know how this works. I will check other vehicle CARFAX reports from this dealer. You are correct in that I’ve also seen maintenance logs on other CARFAX reports.

Old 11-11-2017, 12:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Wow! People should do this much research when buying a house.
Old 11-11-2017, 01:46 PM
Sage

CARFAX ain’t what it’s cracked up to be.

Top 604 Reviews and Complaints about Carfax

Should You Always Trust CARFAX Reports?

Old 11-11-2017, 01:46 PM
Sage

///
Old 11-11-2017, 02:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
“couldn’t get it back”? “can usually get out”?

You do know who has final word on whether or not work is done, don’t you??!!??

How about Lady Luck.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 11-11-2017, 03:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post
How about Lady Luck...
Nope. Only the owner has final say.

If you think work you hadn’t planned on but is said to be needed by the mechanic must be done immediately by that mechanic, you are just inviting trouble.
Old 11-11-2017, 03:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
I bought my truck in Orlando and have it serviced by Phillips in Leesburg. The service department doesn’t care where the vehicle was purchased.
10 years ago I bought a new F150 Lariat in New Hampshire. Had it serviced locally for 10 years in Rhode Island. They never cared where I purchased it.

As long as dealers get reimbursed (warranty) or their shop rate you are correct. You can also take it to independent garages for service depending on your risk. I had a Lexus, and the local service dealers wouldn't service it including Phillips. We traded it for our current Sienna. We were in Stl Louis, took it to the local Phillips dealer for service under the service plan I purchased. They wouldn't honor it. Talked to Phillips, they told me to pay it and they would make me whole when I returned. I know it's not supposed to work that way but not all dealers are created equal.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 11-11-2017, 04:34 PM
Default Catching up on this thread

Quote:
Do yourself a favor. Go into Orlando for a fair deal as well as a much larger inventory. Our Phillips experience was too reminiscent of a bad used car sales pitch. We left, bought at Toyota of Orlando. Very professional and a nice experience. Plus we saved money to boot.
This is an idea worth thinking about, since warranties can be carried from dealer to dealer. However, I get the impression that the OP got ZERO support from Toyota, and I suspect the OP's next car will NOT be a Toyota! Am I right, Vicar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
I just bought a car at Phillips. The price and experience were great.
It sounds like the OP had a great experience buying the 2016. I spent a lot of time looking at cars at Phillips Toyota on two occasions only a few months apart and was surprised that there was nearly full staff turnover in those few months. That doesn't speak well about working conditions, that is, the way they treat their employees, and as a working person, this would concern me. Even though my experience there wasn't as disgusting as the OP's, I still ending up walking out and buying somewhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devohna View Post
we bought our new GMC terain there and our experience was fantastic. we actually met the owner and he is a wonderful man. our salesperson was top notch and we love our car.
I'm confused devohna. Did you mean a USED "GMC terain" from Phillips Toyota used car lot? You seem clear that it was a "new GMC terain." Besides possibly a used car, why would they sell a GMC at a Toyota dealership? After all, this thread is about the OP's awful experience at Phillips Toyota.
Old 11-11-2017, 05:40 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post
Every time we took our Dodge pickup to Phillips Dodge in Ocala for an oil change we couldn't get it back without spending over $1,000 plus on issues they found while doing the oil change.

We now use Bryan in Leesburg and can usually get out without their recommended $500 in additional service.

Dealers we use in Colorado and Norcal must be blind because they just do the oil changes and you are on your way.

Lexus in Tampa was the same way!
Went in for an oil change and they always added something $$$.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:44 AM
Veteran member

I have purchased three cars from Phillips. I love their salesman named Ashley! I will continue to buy from them, never had any problems.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:03 AM

Did they change the 12 volt battery? If that discharges nothing works including the hybrid systems. Been there. Had a 2006 Toyota highlander hybrid, loved it, wish I still had it. Phillips gave me great service. However, Leesburg Toyota and Honda new car dealers are too expensive for me. Hybrids also buy would love to have one again. Bought a new 2017 CRV 4x up North this summer, was able to negotiate, and averages 31 - 32 mpg. Good enough for me.
Closed Thread

Tags
car, toyota, phillips, battery, unable

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.