Buyer Beware: Yard Boys LLC

Closed Thread
Old 12-07-2018, 08:57 AM
Default Buyer Beware: Yard Boys LLC

I hired Yard Boys to convert my villa lot to rock. Josh talked a great story, had a fair price, and they had good references. They were also young and eager and being a sole proprietor myself in my younger days I like to support new businesses.

What wasn't done right included not removing the pine straw from the beds or leveling the yard. He put landscape fabric right over the mulch. The landscape fabric isn't laid correctly. It's bunched in spots and doesn't cover other huge areas.

The most egregious is that he quoted 23 tons of rock at $4600 installed and only installed about 13 tons. I know this because I've now had the repair work done. It took 10 tons of rock to finish what Josh charged me $5730 in total for!

This all transpired back in August. I gave Josh multiple opportunities to come out and fix the work. I sent him pictures of the problems and his first response was that he'd be back the next week to fix them. He didn't show up the day he said he would so I texted him again. He didn't respond and in fact has never responded again.

The additional work to fix his shoddy and incomplete job cost me over $1000. I could go on and on about this fiasco but just know that if you're thinking about hiring this company think again.

I've considered taking him to small claims court but at this point I just want to mess behind me.
Old 12-07-2018, 09:20 AM
Veteran member

Pavers ... beware of The Yard boys llc
Old 12-07-2018, 09:59 AM

I found your thread after the work went south. I will ALWAYS search this forum in the future before hiring contractors in the future.
Old 12-08-2018, 04:48 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

I hope you got all the proper approvals to convert your yard to all rock. Last I heard, Southwest Water Florida Management Agency was really leveling stiff fines on people who did this without approval and the Architectural Review Committee was not approving any all rock yards. It could cost you another ton of money to remove all that rock to meet community and SWFWMA standards.
Closed Thread

Tags
fix, tons, work, rock, yard

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.