Buying furniture

Closed Thread
Old 01-22-2018, 06:29 PM
Default Buying furniture

Best places to buy new & used furniture around The Villages.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,701 Times in 5,236 Posts

New - Babettes, City Furniture

Used - Bargains and Treasures

I know people will say City Furniture is bad, but they do have some good basic stuff. Half of the stuff in my house came from there, and I had no service issues. For used stuff, Almost Perfect is too expensive in my opinion. Bargains and Treasures is great for tables and other things that will fit in your SUV.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:01 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

New - Kent Furniture - Bellview

Old 01-22-2018, 09:28 PM
Gold member

You might want to consider estate sales that take place almost every week in The Villages. Blessed and Grateful have a website that shows details about upcoming sales and they have photos of most items posted in advance.

Blessed & Grateful Home Page
Old 01-22-2018, 11:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,064 Times in 2,743 Posts

Estate sales and used furniture consignment stores. Avoid the nightmare that is City Furniture at all cost!
Old 01-23-2018, 07:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

New; Babbettes in Leesburg.

Used; Bargains and Treasures. (They get new things in every day)

Also look for wall art and draperies at Ikea....JC Penneys, Kirklands, Tuesday Morning, Bed Bath and Beyond, Kohls and Bealls Outlet, Lots of tropical stuff and Bealls Outlet and some is VERY NICE, including lamps.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:56 PM
Gold member

Family Furniture in Leesburg (across street from Babett’s)
Old 01-23-2018, 07:20 PM

Kanes in Ocala. Go online and see the selection in these stores. If you see something you like, call to see if it is on display before going to see in person. You will save a lot of time and aggravation.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:15 PM
Platinum member

I had extremely good luck at Babettes in Leesburg and insisted on buying floor models with a discount. Family furniture across the street was good too. Southern Lifestyles used to be here in Sumter Landing and I would buy demo and floor models off of them too at a discount. Saved big bucks doing this in both places. I bought a buffet and china cabinet from Sam's Club online, solid cherry and was delivered into the house at a most reasonable price. Sam's has a lot of furniture online but not in the club store. We did buy a game table for our dining room table which was the best thing we ever did. You play games socially a lot more than serving formal dinners. Solid cherry with a flip top and game storage underneath. Rustic Rose has great accessories at reasonable prices as well as Kirklands and Picture You in Spanish Springs. BUT keep an eye on the for sale section here on TOTV and on the website NextDoor for some great bargains and furniture in good condition. Good luck!
Old 01-24-2018, 08:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I bought two leather recliners and a leather powered console love seat from Kane's in 2011. Within three years the leather was peeling, they sell bonded leather. I should of known a powered love seat for $1,000 was too good, pay at least $1400 for real leather. For real leather go to Blocker's Furniture directly behind Kane's. Past Kane's and just before Krystal Hamburgers turn right into the parking lot and Blocker's is in the back of the shopping.

Avoid City Furniture unless you like the stuff delivered might resemble the stuff you saw in the store. Just go up to the 'search' button at the top of this page and type in their name if you want proof. You can search any subject, it's a great wealth of info right here on this site.

For a budget, I found Badcock Furniture. The one in Wildwood is better than the one in Fruitland Park. It's on 301 in the shopping center that has Ace Hardware and the post office. Each store is individually owned franchise. I picked a love seat and two matching recliners brand new all for $1600. They don't use bonded leather, but a polyester material that looks like leather, not vinyl or plastic. We bought this cream colored set shown below and after a year it still looks new.

The Villages Florida

Welcome to Badcock &more | Badcock &more
Old 01-24-2018, 10:22 AM
Gold member

There is also a place in Ocala, on Silver Springs (40) across from Ocala Travel that sells upscale used furniture at great prices, I cannot remember the name, but worth the drive.

Also Auctions on friday in Kissimmee and wednesday in Inverness. Best deals ever.
Old 01-31-2018, 02:27 AM

Just went through the exhausting and disappointing furniture shopping. Babbett’s has some nice things for fairly high prices you can even customize but plan on waiting up to 8 weeks or more for delivery. City will charge delivery and has “no return” policy but has nice furniture available sooner than later. Haverty’s is in Winter Garden with nice furniture availability with good sales and possibly no delivery charge that I would highly recommend if you don’t mind shopping online or taking the drive for purchase. They deliver 1 day a week to TV and are most comprehensive. Family Furniture in Leesburg is also a good choice. You might find some things at Home Goods if you can get them home. Be sure to look and ask them all about price match also. Good luck!
Closed Thread

Tags
furniture, villages, buy, places, buying

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.