Pickleball paddle seller

Closed Thread
Old 03-08-2015, 08:03 AM
Default Pickleball paddle seller

I bought a paddle from Markets of Marion at the only shop that sells them. He also sells baseball caps etc. The paddle lasted 6 weeks and fell apart, so I took it back and the owner was very rude. I will never buy anything from him ever. He sells inferior equipment. I have seen paddle last 7 years and not fall apart.

The worst part is his attitude and nasty behavior. He threatened me with a large pair of bolt cutters. He's a complete jerk, stay away.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynxville View Post
I bought a paddle from Markets of Marion at the only shop that sells them. He also sells baseball caps etc. The paddle lasted 6 weeks and fell apart, so I took it back and the owner was very rude. I will never buy anything from him ever. He sells inferior equipment. I have seen paddle last 7 years and not fall apart.

The worst part is his attitude and nasty behavior. He threatened me with a large pair of bolt cutters. He's a complete jerk, stay away.

He did WHAT??? What in the name of all that's holy did you say to him??????? I am 75 years old and no one has ever threatened me with anything. Why didn't you tell the police???? Bolt cutters?

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-08-2015 at 09:12 AM.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:09 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynxville View Post

Without question, report this to the police.
Old 03-08-2015, 10:19 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
Without question, report this to the police.
Not only the police, report it to the property owners. Believe it or not some flea market owners don't tolerate behavior that reflects badly on their business. Now, there are other flea markets I wouldn't walk into.
Old 03-08-2015, 10:28 AM
Sage

That's a surprise!

We have looked around his stall a few times and he always seemed helpful and knowledgeable. Most of his PB paddles were name brands that many people in the area use.

What brand paddle did you buy that fell apart so fast?

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 03-10-2015, 04:19 AM

I bought a Champion Graphite (blue). The owner was Ok when I purchased the paddle, he talked a lot, and was odd. But to see his real side, go back when you have a problem and then you will see his ugly side. I thought the best way to handle this is to let other people know what kind of person he is. He's not a stand up guy. I bought a new paddle from someone else, someone honest. He lets you try them before you buy and he told me he is getting two new Z5's in this week and I can try them also and if I want one, he will take my other Z5 back. Just giving everyone a heads up.

I'll epoxy the Champion and let my grandchildren use it.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.