Car Detailing

Closed Thread
Old 12-12-2012, 07:04 PM
Gold member
Default Car Detailing

Our van now resembles a moving pit rather then a nice Town and Country Van. We are in need of a good detailer. Anyone have a recommendation?
Thanks in advance for your help! Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 07:27 PM
Default Steve & Deanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladydoc View Post
Our van now resembles a moving pit rather then a nice Town and Country Van. We are in need of a good detailer. Anyone have a recommendation?
We don't have a recommendation for a 'detailer' but we've used the car wash in Spanish Springs by Publix where they wash, vac (cat hair from our borderline genius cat) and do the windows on our Sienna van. After one visit, we were quite pleased and will use the same people after our trip back.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:32 PM
Default Steve & Deanna from Lynnhaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve & Deanna View Post
We don't have a recommendation for a 'detailer' but we've used the car wash in Spanish Springs by Publix where they wash, vac (cat hair from our borderline genius cat) and do the windows on our Sienna van. After one visit, we were quite pleased and will use the same people after our trip back.
Oh, and by the way, Merry Christmas from VT
Old 12-12-2012, 07:48 PM

We were down the first of November to buy our home and used the car wash on Rt 441/27 in front of Lowe's. I can't remember their name but they were great. They have many wash options and we chose one that was fairly comprehensive. They were on that car like ants at a picnic. Inside and out, perfectly done and I think it was under $20. It was my wife's car which is a very dark green (looks black) and it looked like it had just come off the showroom. Also, the crew was great and very personable. At the end, the manager inspected the job and even touched up a couple of sports. We gave them a nice tip, rang the bell and they all gratefully acknowledged us. They also have a nice waiting room. We left her car there and had to go back home to sell and het back to TV. I can't wait to get back there to have my truck get the extra special treatment.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:08 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

A while back there was a recommendation here on TOTV for detailing. I copied and pasted it to the list of TV services I keep, but I don't know who the poster was and/or if the prices shown are still the same. Here is what I copied for you... if they are still doing this service:

C&W Car Detailing. They come to your house and will do any service you want in washing your car. Wash is $10, Wash & Vac is $20. Wash and Hand Wax, $45. They have done complete detailing of the inside of my car and it was excellent. You can reach them at 352 399 1214 Mon-Sat.
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 12-12-2012, 11:06 PM
Gold member

Quote:
We have used "Car Wash & Detail" at 5201 S.E. Hwy 441 in Belleview, FL. They have a large menu of services. We've been very satisfied. For our medium sized automobile we pay $29.95 for a Hand Wax. That includes vacuum, interior wipedown, wheel treatment and an air-freshener if you wish. I'm not sure what they charge for a van. It usually takes about 45 minutes to an hour. Show your Villages ID and they give a discount - I think 5% or 10%. When I paid for the Hand Wax they gave me a card that was good for $5 off my next time.

Xavier
Old 12-13-2012, 08:16 AM
Gold member

I use them too. And that $5 discount card can be reused each time you visit them.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:03 PM
Thumbs up "Hand Wax"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
We have used "Car Wash & Detail" at 5201 S.E. Hwy 441 in Belleview, FL. They have a large menu of services. We've been very satisfied. For our medium sized automobile we pay $29.95 for a Hand Wax. That includes vacuum, interior wipedown, wheel treatment and an air-freshener if you wish. I'm not sure what they charge for a van. It usually takes about 45 minutes to an hour. Show your Villages ID and they give a discount - I think 5% or 10%. When I paid for the Hand Wax they gave me a card that was good for $5 off my next time.

Xavier
Was there on Tues. They did my Buick Enclave for $27.00. Was a little concerned when I noticed the gal using a buffer. However no buffer or swirl marks. She even did the roof (product is "Simonize") Beautiful job in less than an hour. Sonnys BarbQ. is next door. Have lunch and car will be ready when you are.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:31 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
what do you mean by moving pit???? There are a few people that do it. I would offer, but I am tied up job already. Just be careful, I would not let anyone run a buffer on my car unless I was sure they know what they are doing. Does not take much to swirl the paint. Washing a car with one bucket of water will put swirl marks in the paint. Far as prices,, get what you pay for. You may find something real cheap and fast, but beware.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:55 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryW View Post
what do you mean by moving pit???? There are a few people that do it. I would offer, but I am tied up job already. Just be careful, I would not let anyone run a buffer on my car unless I was sure they know what they are doing. Does not take much to swirl the paint. Washing a car with one bucket of water will put swirl marks in the paint. Far as prices,, get what you pay for. You may find something real cheap and fast, but beware.
I believe that it's just for polishing the wax film off, NOT rubbing compound. It's a soft and fluffy pad.

I've used The Car Wash and Detail in Belleview at least six times over the last four plus years and have been TOTALLY happy. BUT, to each their own. Just trying to help.

Xavier
Old 12-15-2012, 11:33 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by upinmaine View Post
We were down the first of November to buy our home and used the car wash on Rt 441/27 in front of Lowe's. I can't remember their name but they were great. They have many wash options and we chose one that was fairly comprehensive. They were on that car like ants at a picnic. Inside and out, perfectly done and I think it was under $20. It was my wife's car which is a very dark green (looks black) and it looked like it had just come off the showroom. Also, the crew was great and very personable. At the end, the manager inspected the job and even touched up a couple of sports. We gave them a nice tip, rang the bell and they all gratefully acknowledged us. They also have a nice waiting room. We left her car there and had to go back home to sell and het back to TV. I can't wait to get back there to have my truck get the extra special treatment.
That would be the Atlantis Car Wash which is next door to Cracker Barrel too. I've used their various services many times and have always been a happy customer.
Skip 2
Old 12-15-2012, 11:55 PM
Gold member

I also had the manager's inspection just before I got in, and she had the car backed up to the work area for extra cleaning. Final job was superb. Tipped well and rang bell. Recommend Atlantis carwash
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.