Car Guys Collision Service

Closed Thread
Old 08-30-2017, 03:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts
Default Car Guys Collision Service

I got a reasonable estimate from Car Guys and assumed the final price would be someplace around 10 % higher since I have never received a final bill that met the extimate when using body shops in PA. Took the car in yesterday, got it back today (bumper replacement and paining. Final price was exactly the same as the estimate, the work was perfect, the paint matched and the panel alighment was perfect on both sides. They washed the car so the presentation was great. The personnel were pleasant, knowledgeable and friendly. Hopefully I will never need them again but if I do they will be first choice.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 08-30-2017, 03:48 PM
Platinum member
Talking Me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
I got a reasonable estimate from Car Guys and assumed the final price would be someplace around 10 % higher since I have never received a final bill that met the extimate when using body shops in PA. Took the car in yesterday, got it back today (bumper replacement and paining. Final price was exactly the same as the estimate, the work was perfect, the paint matched and the panel alighment was perfect on both sides. They washed the car so the presentation was great. The personnel were pleasant, knowledgeable and friendly. Hopefully I will never need them again but if I do they will be first choice.
I had a similar experience over a year ago. The Car Guys were on a list of three repair garages recommended by my USAA Insurance Company after an impaired person damaged my right front fender and door.

They did a remarkable job of matching my metallic paint. The car was ready when promised and since I used the USAA recommended shop, they did all of the paperwork. Because the other driver was so obviously at fault, USAA waived my deductible amount because they were going to get reimbursed by her insurance company. It didn't cost me anything additional.

All in all, a satisfying repair experience.
Old 08-30-2017, 04:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I had a driver run into the back of my car at the Marathon Station on 466A May of last year. I was waiting for traffic on 466A so I could enter and while I was stopped he ran into the back of my car causing $2400 in damage. Needless to say, it was his fault and his Traveler's Insurance paid for everything. I asked their appraiser if they recommended anyone other than the dealer, and they said Car Guys of Lady Lake.

I called Car Guys and when they asked me for the claim number they had the appraisal on their computer screen. So there was no need to explain anything. They asked if I wanted to bring the car in tomorrow, I asked how long to get the parts, she said they would have them tomorrow. As soon as I walked in and gave them my name, they called Enterprise Rental Car at LSL and by the time I had filled out the paperwork they were there to pick me up.

The initial appraisal was for $1200, but the next day Car Guys called to say their techs found additional damage, the trunk had been damaged. I said should I called Travelers, she said they already had and the appraiser had come by and approved $1200 additional repairs. Because of Memorial Day Holiday they had the car for about 5 days. When I went back to pick up my car, it was just like Jomar said, the car was spotless and like new. The only way I knew they painted the back bumper was the dealer's decal was no longer there, which I liked.

From what I learned, they have Car Guys in Ocala, Crystal River, Spring Hill and of course, Lady Lake. The company is owned by a fellow who once owned a dozen or more locations in the Tampa Bay area and sold them for $20 million. He was only in his 40's and didn't feel like retiring, so he moved away from Tampa and started a new company out of Ocala.

Car Guys has two locations in Lady Lake, one on 441/27 about a mile south of 466, shown here.

The Villages Florida

A second location is about a block behind and south of the 441 location, you can see it from 441 and it's actually where my car was repaired.

The Villages Florida

Car Guys Collision Repair - Lady Lake North - Lady Lake FL - Auto Body Review
Old 08-30-2017, 05:07 PM
Platinum member

They also did great work on my car. They kept me advised of their progress.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:16 PM

South Marion Auto Body is now Car Guys. Same employees. They fixed my car and did a great job. my brother had a body shop up north, when I was up north I took it to my brother's former shop to have them check it over. They said the work was very good. I recommend them highly. My car had major damage. Very pleased
Closed Thread

Tags
car, final, guys, price, estimate

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.