Car Waxing at home ?

Closed Thread
Old 02-17-2020, 11:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
Agree - been in Florida for over 40 years and never waxed a car, never had finish fade - clear coat finish protects you car paint, you would be waxing the clear coat only
Except the smooshed love bug juice can damage the clearcoat or paint finish without protection over it. I NEVER waxed car up north but last fall's lovebug infestation really messed up my previous vehicle as we travel to Orlando a couple times a month. A good wax finish helps save the finish when you can't get it cleaned immediately. Lots of articles how love bugs can damage vehicles finish due to the high acidity in their remains if you don't get 'em right off which can often be the situation when traveling away from home.
Old 02-17-2020, 02:16 PM
Veteran member
Default Don’t use Wax

Get a product called 303 Touchless Sealant. Wash your car and rinse it good. While the rinse water is on it, spray 303 on it and then rinse it off. Then just towel dry and you’re done. It applies a protective coat on all painted and glass surfaces, better than any wax I’ve ever used, including Blue Coral. It lasts over 6 months and it repels water like mad and easy to get the love bugs off if you don’t wait a week.
Old 02-17-2020, 04:56 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Thanks. Not looking for detailing since it’s brand new just an application of a hard finish paste wax, not that spray stuff, for the first time until it gets old then I’ll just let it get dirty.

I understand no detailing................but I heard he will paste wax. Might be worth a call.
Old 02-17-2020, 05:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edfnj View Post
except the smooshed love bug juice can damage the clearcoat or paint finish without protection over it. I never waxed car up north but last fall's lovebug infestation really messed up my previous vehicle as we travel to orlando a couple times a month. A good wax finish helps save the finish when you can't get it cleaned immediately. Lots of articles how love bugs can damage vehicles finish due to the high acidity in their remains if you don't get 'em right off which can often be the situation when traveling away from home.
Use WD-40.

Closed Thread

Tags
car, home, waxing, upcoming, love-bug

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.