Cast your roofing vote, please

Closed Thread
Old 08-29-2020, 01:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsachs View Post
In the past on 3 other houses in different locations, I always went to the site of the company making the shingles, whether it be Owens Corning, GAF, Certain Teed, etc. Find the Top rated authorized installers in your area from their website. Those are the ones I've called for estimates. Also check into where they get their shingles, like Ro Mac. Ask them for names of installers they'd recommend.
The top rated roofers on any manufactures website are just the ones they sell the most shingles to through distribution. They may have sent them some training material on how to sell their shingle and tons of literature. It has nothing to do with the quality of the installation. Roofing shingles are purchased by the contractor from a roofing distributor not directly from the manufacturer. ABC Roofing is probably the largest distributor in the Country. OCF had thousands of squares of bad shingles in TV they had to replace a few years back. I think the best checking point is the Better Business Bureau.
Old 08-29-2020, 04:47 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,376 Times in 499 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
Thank you all for your input

We went with Eustis Roofing.

Yes, I know, that wasn't an option but since I wanted McGinnis and Mrs Fox wanted McHale we decided to split the difference.
Good choice, excellent roofers
Old 10-18-2020, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
Thank you all for your input

We went with Eustis Roofing.

Yes, I know, that wasn't an option but since I wanted McGinnis and Mrs Fox wanted McHale we decided to split the difference.
Hi Arctic Fox. I came across your forum post about roofer choice. Thank you for posting it.
I am looking for a quality roofer myself now. Were you happy with your final choice of Eustis?

I was getting ready to call McHale’s but now wonder why you changed your mind.

I appreciate your help and information. Thank you in advance for your reply.

Stu Mas
Closed Thread

Tags
quotes, grateful, reply, work, happy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.