Ceramic Tile

Closed Thread
Old 08-20-2010, 01:23 PM

I used Roberto from Floors of the Villges. He has a reliable crew and is easy to deal with. His company is located off 466 behind CVS. He is reasonable, did a good job and I am having him come back to do more work at my house.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:42 PM
Sage

My last 3 homes in S. Fla. had ceramic tile thru-out and now I have vinyl and carpet and will never go back. Nothing looks as good as tile, but once the grout gets dirty, and it will very shortly, it will never look as good again and thats even after sealing it. I now don't have to worry about anything that drops on it chipping it or even worse cracking it. When you do get the tile installed, check every single tile by tapping on it with your shoe. If it makes a hollow sound, and probably many will, have the tile people come out and replace it, as the hollow sound means the thin set or cement holding the tile has a void in it and it will break easily. Also watch the high gloss tiles if you have a pool as people coming in with wet feet will slip easily.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:27 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inda50 View Post
I used Roberto from Floors of the Villges. He has a reliable crew and is easy to deal with. His company is located off 466 behind CVS. He is reasonable, did a good job and I am having him come back to do more work at my house.
We also used Roberto. I would have preferred he did the work himself. The subs were subpar. Roberto made everything right, though, and adjusted the price to suit us.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:35 PM
Default Sealer

Does tile need to be sealed or is this an unnecessary expense
Old 08-21-2010, 03:36 PM
Veteran member

The grout should be sealed yearly.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:16 PM

Yes be sure to seal it.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:47 AM

Your best bet is new product out that you mix into your grout in place of water, this sealer is built into the grout not just applied over the surface. You can get this at Lowes.
If you have all ready installed then the sealer application is a very good idea. You need to purchase the best sealer on the market not just the best deal, there are sealers that are a complete waste of money and time. Your best best sealer comes from Aqua Mix. I'm not exactly sure where to get it now, my supplier just stopped carrying it, but it is a very common product in our industry.
If your grout ever gets dirty and unclean-able the best solution is a grout colorant or stain. This is a fix that is bullet proof, it will never need to be sealed again and will renew the grout or change the color for many many years maintenance free. The cost depends on the size of the job and size of tiles due to there are more lines in a smaller tile.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.