choosing cell phone plan

Closed Thread
Old 02-18-2020, 09:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
Mint Mobile. $15 per month prepaid for unlimited talk and text and 3 GBytes of data. Higher data plans are also available if you needed more. They also have good deals if you travel outside the country.
I have only a flip-phone and a home phone currently. I use the AT&T prepaid Go Phone plan for my cell phone for about ten years, it's only a $100 a year for a 1000 minutes, I have close to 3,000 minutes rolled over. I'm not a big user of the phone, but I have thought about getting a smart phone.

Looking at this plan, it seems to be similar to what I have except it's a smart phone version. They have many phones on the Mint Mobile site, what would you recommend for an occasional user. I might do away with my home phone if I get a smart phone.

Mint Mobile Phones
Old 02-18-2020, 09:53 AM
Soaring Eagle member

If you don't want to spend a lot of money on a smart phone then I would recommend an iPhone 6s for $169. It should be a new-in-box from Mint Mobile and while it is a several year old model it should serve you well. I have a an iPhone 6s and will keep it for several more years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I have only a flip-phone and a home phone currently. I use the AT&T prepaid Go Phone plan for my cell phone for about ten years, it's only a $100 a year for a 1000 minutes, I have close to 3,000 minutes rolled over. I'm not a big user of the phone, but I have thought about getting a smart phone.

Looking at this plan, it seems to be similar to what I have except it's a smart phone version. They have many phones on the Mint Mobile site, what would you recommend for an occasional user. I might do away with my home phone if I get a smart phone.

Mint Mobile Phones
Old 02-18-2020, 10:14 AM

Looks like they will not allow URL's in the post like next door App All 3 Internet providers in the villages provide Mobile phone service both by Gig and unlimited Sprint and VZ and At&t has Senior plans and over 55 Plans I will try to PM you more info
Old 02-18-2020, 10:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfeiferec3553 View Post
I would appreciate input on choosing a cell phone plan for unlocked S10e.
I went to Consumer Cellular & dropped Verison. C.C. was 10 times cheaper than Verison & never ever had a dropped call. Verison we had to stand in the street to call or talk. In the house we sometimes could get a good connection but 95% of the time we would get dropped. We went to Verison & complained & they said no towers near & we are going to put more towers up in the Charlotte area. 3 yrs. later still getting dropped calls. They also quoted me a price & swore it would be this exact price, tax & everything, liars. I got the same song & dance on 3 new phones I got over the yrs. same thing 30 to $45. higher than they swore by. Consumer Cellular was $35. a month & 5 yrs. later $35. a month still. Plus I got more talk mins. text & data. Verison it cost more to get the same thing. Now where I live not in TV, I got on our grandsons plan with T-Mobil & my wife & I get unlimited everything including DATA for $23. each of us so it cost me $46. a month. I know for a fact Verison costumers can't say that & not even Consumer Cellular. But I've got admit T-Mobil sucks in the north where we come from, Ohio. So I would say check out Consumer Cellular. No Contract, no hidden fees with NO surprises when you get your bill. Also if you have it a month & you don't like them, cancel & there's NO penalty. Nothing wrong with Verizon but very expensive & personally I don't think they work with their costumers! I just wouldn't get T-Mobil in TV unless you know someone that has it & see what they say. Hope this helps, sorry Verizon costumers!
Old 02-18-2020, 11:33 AM
Default Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfeiferec3553 View Post
I would appreciate input on choosing a cell phone plan for unlocked S10e.
Consumer Cellular w/T-Mobile chip
Closed Thread

Tags
choosing, cell, phone, plan, input

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.