Citizens’ mortgage rates?

Closed Thread
Old 07-28-2020, 01:31 PM
Location: Wisconsin, California, military, California, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, (Ugh!) and, FINALLY, TV
Default Good lender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
Just did a 15y cash out refi with them last week at 3%, would have been lower but the cash out option raised the rate about .5%.

Very easy to work with and they know the market well, unlike may other banks and CUs.
Just did a mortgage two weeks ago - 3.1%, nice to work with.
Old 07-28-2020, 01:55 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpd3062 View Post
Has anyone gotten a rate from them recently? Don’t see rates posted online. Thanks
Most conforming mortgage loan rates are like fingerprints - no two EXACTLY the same. This is due to loan amount, equity, credit score, fees, points, term, on and on. When someone says they got a quote of say, 3.25%, you don't know if they have an 840 score or a 660 score, 80% loan-to-value or 40%, points paid up front or none at all, etc.

Don't get sucked in on a rate quote - get the APR for a fair comparison.
Old 07-28-2020, 04:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,022 Times in 5,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny32162 View Post
When we purchased a home 8 years ago, I called Citizens First and was told they could not give me the rate, someone from the mortgage department would call me the next day. I called BB&T (now Truist), they gave me their rate over the phone, they were half a per cent lower than Citizens First.
A couple of months ago dropped in to see what rates would be for savings and money market account and was shocked how uncompetitive they were compared to other banks
Old 07-28-2020, 04:30 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,595 Times in 1,759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
A couple of months ago dropped in to see what rates would be for savings and money market account and was shocked how uncompetitive they were compared to other banks
That has been my experience as well.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 07-31-2020, 07:51 AM
Default Thanks for all the great responses

We originally planned To finance through our credit union back home who is usually very competitive but we’re concerned about closing date deadline. Based on the great input we decided to visit citizens mortgage folks. Happy to say they beat our credit union easily. With opening a “Heroes” account for veterans and first responders And auto pay they knocked 1/4 percent off. Ended up with a rate under 3% I think 2.95 or something. Thanks TOTV friends
Closed Thread

Tags
rates, citizens’, mortgage, rate, recently

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.