Cleaning roofs and gutters

Closed Thread
Old 04-05-2019, 12:59 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,022 Times in 454 Posts
Default Cleaning roofs and gutters

After frequenting TOTV for a few years, I have found that I trust the advice of certain posters more than others. When it comes to the area of “who do you call?” to get such and such done, jebartle is one of the posters that I trust the most. We agree on Chuck Farrell for HVAC, Chip Parrish for irrigation, Ryan O’Cull for garage doors, Mr. Martinez for lawn mowing and probably some others.

Because of one of jebartle’s posts on TOTV, I recently called Frank Falabella, (352) 212-0876. He primarily cleans stained roofs, but I asked him to clean out my gutters. Given their proximity to two very large oaks, it is no mean task. He is thorough, hard working, reasonable and a genuinely nice guy. He also unclogged the downspouts that were neglected by the previous “guys” and repaired the vent-stack cap.

Thank you, jebartle for recommending Frank. He’s a keeper.
Old 04-05-2019, 03:51 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecuadog View Post
After frequenting TOTV for a few years, I have found that I trust the advice of certain posters more than others. When it comes to the area of “who do you call?” to get such and such done, jebartle is one of the posters that I trust the most. We agree on Chuck Farrell for HVAC, Chip Parrish for irrigation, Ryan O’Cull for garage doors, Mr. Martinez for lawn mowing and probably some others.

Because of one of jebartle’s posts on TOTV, I recently called Frank Falabella, (352) 212-0876. He primarily cleans stained roofs, but I asked him to clean out my gutters. Given their proximity to two very large oaks, it is no mean task. He is thorough, hard working, reasonable and a genuinely nice guy. He also unclogged the downspouts that were neglected by the previous “guys” and repaired the vent-stack cap.

Thank you, jebartle for recommending Frank. He’s a keeper.
Hi, would you have a phone # for Chip Parrish?
Old 04-05-2019, 04:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Thanks for the heads up on the gutter cleaning.

While I have always hauled my ladder around the house and done it myself, I got to thinking the last time about all of the hassle if I were to take a fall (particularly since a lot of the time the tall step-ladder is sitting on uneven grass/soil)...and decided it just wasn't worth taking the chance anymore.

Along the same lines and using similar reasoning...I no longer do other things.

Like jumping off of my roof, using a large pillowcase...as a parachute

I will still change my indoor smoke alarm batteries though...as floors are much more stable.
Old 04-05-2019, 07:51 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,022 Times in 454 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Hi, would you have a phone # for Chip Parrish?
Chip Parrish of Action Irrigation (352) 516-2281.
Old 04-05-2019, 09:55 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecuadog View Post
Chip Parrish of Action Irrigation (352) 516-2281.
Thank You.
Closed Thread

Tags
jebartle, posters, roofs, gutters, totv

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.