ClearLink Communications

Closed Thread
Old 07-23-2010, 10:01 AM
Default ClearLink Communications

We are getting ready to close on our home and were asked if we want to go with ClearLink Communications. Any difference between them and Comcast? Price difference, service etc.
Thanks
Renee
Old 07-23-2010, 11:42 AM

I have both and they have the same philosophy - - - the customer means nothing.

When I received my July ClearLink bill I noticed that they had not deducted my June payment. I called in a pleasant manner and ClearLink acknowledged they were having some "computer issues", they HAD received my payment but did not know where the money had been applied. They insisted my bank FAX them a copy, front and back, of the check before the account could be cleared. This was despite knowing they have a problem. These kinds of problems are not just inconvenient but also annoying and a waste of other people's time.

Comcast will do the same kinds of things but charge you for it.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:59 AM
Thumbs down

I have one of their bundled deals for DSL and basic phone and I would not recommend them. We had a contract with DISH for television so brought that with us to the Villages. Transparent change. The DSL we have now had for 60-90 days is unreliable with sporadic speeds. I've spent hours on the phone with their technicians with not much improvement. My speed seldom equals what I am paying for. I saw 3 of their trucks by the postal facility a day or so ago, perhaps things will improve. The telephone number they assigned me has been the source of much irritation. Apparently the previous holder of the number was on the books of every debt collection agency in central Florida as my call volume is still quite great. I always thought there was a fairly long time period before reassignment of a number, but not in this case. I've spread the number around since receiving it so that to change now would also be a hassle. I am not one of their satisfied customers, look further, though options are definitely limited, depending on your needs.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:53 PM

Are you talking about ClearLink or Century Link (formerly Embarq)?
Old 07-23-2010, 02:57 PM
Sage

When we moved here in 2006, Clear Link installed our Comcast equipment. Subsequent repairs, installations, equipment has been done by Comcast. Initially, I didn't have too much that was favorable to say about Comcast, but things have so improved that even I'm surprised. A tech was just out here yesterday to replace a DVR that had a bad hard drive. While here, he determined that one room wasn't getting a particularly good signal and rectified the problem. Dealing with them on the phone is still a little iffy at times. They have been prompt with repair service when we've needed it. The Villages isn't Lady Lake or Fruitland Park and for a while we had services that weren't available in other locales and also other locales had services we didn't yet have. When you call, I'm not sure where your call ends up so things can get confusing...for you and for them. Hang in there and call again if the answer you get isn't satisfactory. I knew a particular service was available, but a call to a Comcast rep said it wasn't. Just called again a few minutes later and got the answer and service package I wanted. I know that sounds like a contradiction saying that they're much better but phone communications aren't, but they really are much better and if I want to talk face to face with someone, I'll just head to the office on 441 across from Walmart.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:21 PM

I have the bundle from CenturyLink, dish, wireless internet and home phone. Having had Comcast before, we are very pleased with CenturyLink. We had trouble with our internet for two months and they spent hours on the phone with me almost daily until I realized it was a Dell problem. Since Dell fixed my installation, internet has been perfect. I'm sure there are always problems with technical things, but so far, great! Good luck.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.