Comcast

Closed Thread
Old 02-13-2021, 07:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,929 Times in 2,454 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
It's real simple. You locate the show you wish to record and click on it. In the upper left corner you will see a Plus(+) sign for adding it to your library. Once you do that, you can go to your library and check the scheduling and see when it will come on next. Once you add it to your library, if there are older episodes that aired recently, it will add them to your library so you have the option of going back and watching them again. There is no/NO limit to how much or how long you record them. Unlike Comcast, there is no limit to how much you can save or how long you save it. The only reason I have YoutubeTV is for the DVR. I can get almost every channel they offer, just about free or individually for a small fee IF I want to get the channels separately.
Locast.org is free and it takes your location and gives you all the local stations that broadcast free, such as 9NBC, CW, ABC, FOXlocal, etc. At least 25 here, some from Orlando, some from Tampa and some other local areas.
I save at least a hundred bucks a month, and I could go totally free,other than the internent, if I wished.
You can use Redbox on line to rent new movies, or you can do as I do and go on the Internet and download movies to my phone and cast them to my TV.

Many thanks you!! I stream utube with Comcast but have on key board options. I watch Utube on computer and save snooker and one pocket matches. But, don’t have that option when streaming with Comcast.
Old 02-14-2021, 05:23 PM

I saw your message on streaming and would like you to contact me. My e-mail is jjuddfl@comcast.net and would like to discuss switching from comcast. Thank You Joan
Old 02-14-2021, 06:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

We have had xfinity for past year with another year to go.

Last Friday get email that Starz had free weekend preview. Could not get to it and when I clicked on a Starz channel suddenly find I had managed to subscribed to the channel.

45 minutes later could not cancel and no way to either email or call Xfinity on their website.

Went to their store yesterday to cancel and did so.

Today get an email from Xfinity to relate to my experience.

Started giving them a lousy rating and after 3 answers it would not accept my answers and finally told me they were cancelling my comments.

Now I know how they would get good comments from customers.
Old 02-14-2021, 06:25 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Finely had it with Comlast! Dumping them, I don’t care if I have listen to radio the rest of my time here. Going to try dish network. They have better line up and 1/2 price for what I want. Comcast January rate hikes was last straw for me.
Antenna TV works as well as satellite did when I had that years ago. Amazon, Netflix, Brit Box and PBS passport over the internet round out the picture. Way up here in Marion County with $25 antenna on a $10 pole the reception is usually good. Down south, closer to the Orlando antenna farm it would be better, no doubt.
Old 02-14-2021, 07:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,512 Times in 3,105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footer View Post
Illegal IPTV service, which is pretty obvious when you get almost every channel for $20/month. You better be using a VPN so you don't get in trouble.
And paying with bitcoin or pre-paid debit card that can't be traced back to you, and using a fake e-mail address.

There are plenty of LEGAL IPTV services, such as HULU and SlingTV.

Basically - the "IPTV for Dummies" version:

If you've never heard of it, it's probably illegal.
If they take bitcoin for payment, it's probably illegal.
If their website doesn't have an "about" link with name of owner/corporation that owns it, it's probably illegal.
If it doesn't have a wikipedia entry, it's probably illegal.

If all of the above "ifs" are true, it's definitely (not probably) illegal.
Old 02-14-2021, 07:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,512 Times in 3,105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talktofred View Post
Every time I go past the Comcast store near Starbucks there is a long line of people outside who are returning their equipment and canceling their service. And Comcast couldn’t care less.
I have never seen this phenomenon. Which Comcast store is this, on what street? How do you know they're returning their equipment, and not just upgrading it? And of those who really are returning it, how do you know that none of them are moving somewhere that Comcast isn't available, and therefore returning their Comcast-owned equipment for credit on their accounts? And of those who are returning it, how do you know none of them are in need of a new one because the old one is broken?

Did you speak with every person in line, every time you "go past" the store? If not, how do you know they're all canceling their service?

Enquiring minds want to know, first-time poster!
Old 02-14-2021, 08:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I have never seen this phenomenon. Which Comcast store is this, on what street? How do you know they're returning their equipment, and not just upgrading it? And of those who really are returning it, how do you know that none of them are moving somewhere that Comcast isn't available, and therefore returning their Comcast-owned equipment for credit on their accounts? And of those who are returning it, how do you know none of them are in need of a new one because the old one is broken?

Did you speak with every person in line, every time you "go past" the store? If not, how do you know they're all canceling their service?

Enquiring minds want to know, first-time poster!
My wife friend moved back north couple months go, she returned her equipment for her. She had to wait inline while other were retuning. Maybe They moved, turning in bad equipment, or getting out of Comcast rip-off. Point is there were people returning something. The store in mall by villages hospital. I think the only store in area that you can return? Which will be the one I will be at in 3 weeks.
Old 02-14-2021, 08:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
We have had xfinity for past year with another year to go.

Last Friday get email that Starz had free weekend preview. Could not get to it and when I clicked on a Starz channel suddenly find I had managed to subscribed to the channel.

45 minutes later could not cancel and no way to either email or call Xfinity on their website.

Went to their store yesterday to cancel and did so.

Today get an email from Xfinity to relate to my experience.

Started giving them a lousy rating and after 3 answers it would not accept my answers and finally told me they were cancelling my comments.

Now I know how they would get good comments from customers.
I had Starz on my package, all sudden, it disappeared when I was paying for it. They can change there lineup anytime leaving package I paid for short on channels, now they want to charge me extra for Starz when I was paying for it in package lineup. I also notice they claim 400 channels but it same 100 or so channels repeated with HD 3 times.
Old 03-05-2021, 08:54 PM
Sage

Watching dish as I type. With dumping Comcast , ATT, and land line, looks like i’m saving approximately 118 dollars month. I got more channels and two cell phone , Internet faster with century link and I pay less for it, tv clearer, electronics smaller. Just have to get use to dish system again. Yes, there some things I miss with Comcast system. But, it don’t put weight the price I was paying. Comcast better wake up IMO there losing customers ever week? Plus there electronic’s needs to in diet.
Old 03-05-2021, 09:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,606 Times in 943 Posts

The thing with youtubeTV is you can share the subscription with family- me, my son, daughter - all with their own email address.
Closed Thread

Tags
comcast, network, line, price, 1/2

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.