Comcast: Has your bill gone up?

Closed Thread
Old 08-11-2007, 04:08 PM
Platinum member
Default Comcast: Has your bill gone up?

I just opened my Comcast bill. It has been $80.78 per month. This bill was $98.78. The difference was in the Comcast Highspeed Internet. It has gone from $24.95 to $42.95 per month. I called Comcast. They said we had a promotion rate for the last 6 months. That is over now. Wow! $18/month is a pretty good jump. May I ask if this has happened to anyone else. If so, are there any alternatives? Thanks, Barb
Tampa, FL
Old 08-11-2007, 10:47 PM
Gold member
Default Re: Comcast: Has your bill gone up?

to the world of ever increasing rates for Village Residents.

Basically that has happened to everyone that signed up for Comcast's three month introductory hi-speed internet service. Might as well get used to fact that Comcast will raise your bill every year around April 1st.

On a different subject for newcomers did anyone tell you when you bought in TV that your Amenity fees are tied to the Consumer Price Increase (CPI). As they go up, so will your amenity fees on the anniversary of date that your home closed on. Been here 10 years and have never seen the CPI go down.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:06 PM
Platinum member

Thanks Hanc,

Another piece of wisdom to enter in my repertoire

Steve
Old 08-12-2007, 09:07 AM
Platinum member

Hancle704, I recall that the maintenace fee is capped by the annual increase in the CPI but does it automatically increase or is this just a cap on the amount of the increase?
Old 08-12-2007, 02:27 PM
Gold member

GR:
Not clear what you mean about maintenance fee. I was referring to Amenities Fee. It apears on my combined Monthly Statement from VCCDD. It includes utilty (Water and sewer) TrashBusters and Amenity Charge. Statement advses in advance when Amenity Charge will be adjusted. I believe the cap on it, is limited to increase in CPI.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:24 PM
Eternal Member

After the first three years your amenities fee goes up by the CPI. It is written in your deed restrictions. It is in 4.3 in mine.

My Comcast went up about $3 last year. I have Comcast Preferred service (without the box) and Hi-speed Internet. Now that I bought a HDTV I need to go down and get the box. I went the other day but the office was "closed for lunch".

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:29 PM
Platinum member

I must have been using condo-speak. I used the term maintenance fee but I really meant the monthly amenties fee. Also in Mallory, my amenities fee is separate from the water, sewer and trash bill.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:52 AM
Eternal Member

They used to send out a separate Amenities bill. Now they put it at the bottom of the Water, Sewer, Trash bill just to save a stamp.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:56 AM
Veteran member

There actually is a maintenance fee in addition to the amenities fee. We were notified that our district 6 is meeting to discuss an increase in this fee in September. It is about $400 a year right now.

We were told that our amenities would not go up when newly purchased homes got higher fees. Been here two years and just got my third increase! Went from $119 to current $127 a month.

Unfortunately there were several items that were not fully explaned to those of us who bought new from the developer. I have learned to live with some of it but not all of it. Amenities, maintenance and bonds are just a few of what was just skimmed over when we closed. By the way, the maintenance, per the card we got, is for road maintenance, etc. If you are in district 6, you should have a card. I don't know how it is done in each district so you will have to look into it yourself.

Oh, and we have Dish and are considering Comcast since all the rain has interferred with our viewing. Anyone else out there tinking along these lines???
Old 08-13-2007, 07:57 AM
Veteran member

I still get a separate amenities bill each month. Water, sewer and trash are on one bill.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:37 PM
Gold member

oshunluva:
I believe it depends on where you live and when you moved in. Some folks on the Historic side still have their cable and trash for free. That was part of their deal and incentives when they moved in many years ago. As long as they still own it, they keep the freebies. When they sell the free stuff does not transfer to new owner. POA had to battle with developer to honor this arrangement

On the north side of CR 466 we have a single water system. We water our lawns from the same water source that runs through our single water meter. In the newer sections they have dual water systems and their rates reflect that. They irrigate with drinking water they bought orginally and were charged a sewer rate to get rid of, then they buy it back to water their lawns. That can be explained better, I'm sure, by folks who live in newer area.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancle704
oshunluva:
I believe it depends on where you live and when you moved in. Some folks on the Historic side still have their cable and trash for free. That was part of their deal and incentives when they moved in many years ago. As long as they still own it, they keep the freebies. When they sell the free stuff does not transfer to new owner. POA had to battle with developer to honor this arrangement

On the north side of CR 466 we have a single water system. We water our lawns from the same water source that runs through our single water meter. In the newer sections they have dual water systems and their rates reflect that. They irrigate with drinking water they bought orginally and were charged a sewer rate to get rid of, then they buy it back to water their lawns. That can be explained better, I'm sure, by folks who live in newer area.
That's a pretty astute observation! I wonder if this qualifies as double billing? I guess we could simply stop sending it back so they wouldn't have any to resell to us... hmmm
Victoria &amp; Vancouver, B.C.<br />China Lake, Ca<br />Pasadena, Ca<br />Several cities in Orange Co., Ca<br />Bakersfield, Ca<br />Indiana, PA<br />West Palm Beach, FL<br />TV&nbsp; (Mallory Square)!
Old 08-19-2007, 10:44 AM

I am a real newbie -- closing next month. I saw them listed but how much are these sewer, water, amenities fees? Anyone have a ballpark estimate for me?

Old 08-19-2007, 10:59 AM
Eternal Member

Here is a breakdown of bill this month for amenities,water, sewer and trash pickup and this is for a ranch home in Polo Ridge not occupied.

Amenities = 121.95
Water = 5.90
Sewer = 11.35
Trash = 15.45

Hope this gives you an idea . Remember though that the house is not occupied during this bill cycle.

Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:41 AM

Thanks -- is this the same as that $130 per month fee that one of the agents called the "fun tax"? AKA Contractual Amenities fee?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.