Closed Thread
Old 01-14-2020, 10:24 AM
Veteran member

I HATE Comcast.
Old 01-14-2020, 10:34 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northerner52 View Post
When my 2 yr contact ended my bill shot up $50. I called to cancel and said 3x I just wanted internet service as I was going to subscribe to YouTube TV. They finally offered my a plan that was cheaper than my 2 year contract. Just say NO until they give you their best offer. I do this with Sirius XM too.

BTW, you can get high definition with attic antennas too and some get a lot of channels.
so what was your bottom price ???
Old 01-14-2020, 10:55 AM

We decided to "cut the cord" a few months ago. I made a list of everything we record (hardly ever watch TV live anymore), then listed the streaming services - Hulu, Sling Orange, Sling Blue, YouTube TV, etc. Then checked which services had our programs and ended up with Hulu + Live TV and Sling Blue, which duplicated everything we watched on Spectrum. All our TVs have Roku. Kept Spectrum for internet and voice. Saved about $80/month.
Old 01-14-2020, 08:58 PM
Default Contracts Mean Nothing

We have been with Comcast for many years, first in South Florida, now here. Many people (including us) thought that entering into a 2 year contract locked in our rate for 2 years. Not sooo! We have the Preferred Package with Internet. Went from $155 to $162 in 5 months. Funny thing is, if you want to cancel, they will tell you you are in a contract. Contract is one sided...
Old 01-15-2020, 11:18 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,232 Times in 419 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyw102@aol.com View Post
We have been with Comcast for many years, first in South Florida, now here. Many people (including us) thought that entering into a 2 year contract locked in our rate for 2 years. Not sooo! We have the Preferred Package with Internet. Went from $155 to $162 in 5 months. Funny thing is, if you want to cancel, they will tell you you are in a contract. Contract is one sided...
True that!
Old 01-15-2020, 07:50 PM

Got my bill yesterday and see that it is $40 higher. I was stunned. I looked and I see that they said I added Cinemax on Dec 14 for $14. Mind you, Cinemax was part of our package until they switched it for hits which stinks.
I contacted them and said I never added Cinemax and do not want it. I was told because I am such a good customer they will remove charge and channel. Fingers crossed it happens.
Old 01-16-2020, 08:28 AM

Our Xfinity bill was to increase nearly $40 come first of February. I called and explained that I was on "fixed income" and would be forced to opt for internet only. After much hemming and hawing, the rep explained that I simply needed to renew my subscription for another two years. The bill went up $3.00 but the rep gave me a one-time $25 credit.
Old 01-17-2020, 08:13 PM

You can stream everything like I do and save $$$
Old 01-17-2020, 11:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,417 Times in 5,108 Posts

If you have Xfinity, when your 2-year contract is about to expire, make an appointment and visit the store on 441 near Best Buy. It's much easier to renew the contract in person and they will give you a printout of the new services and payments. Almost every contract will come with a 40 or 50 dollar per month discount that will automatically expire at the end of the contract period. I think this is why some people get mad when their bill goes up. They don't realize that the contract expired and the discount was removed. In my opinion, calling them on the phone to renew the contract is much more difficult and cumbersome. Also, if you want to downgrade to an Internet only service, you can do that anytime without paying the penalty in the contract. The penalty only applies when you cancel all services.
Old 01-18-2020, 03:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
If you have Xfinity, when your 2-year contract is about to expire, make an appointment and visit the store on 441 near Best Buy. It's much easier to renew the contract in person and they will give you a printout of the new services and payments. Almost every contract will come with a 40 or 50 dollar per month discount that will automatically expire at the end of the contract period. I think this is why some people get mad when their bill goes up. They don't realize that the contract expired and the discount was removed. In my opinion, calling them on the phone to renew the contract is much more difficult and cumbersome. Also, if you want to downgrade to an Internet only service, you can do that anytime without paying the penalty in the contract. The penalty only applies when you cancel all services.
I have always been treated well when visiting the store with issues of any kind.
Old 02-20-2020, 05:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,642 Times in 1,513 Posts

I got sick of Comcast raising my bill without notice so I dropped everything but the Internet service and started streaming via Roku. Then I got my Internet bill this month and it went up $3.00 and I decided to find something else. They had sold me on 200Mbps Internet and have never delivered on it, maxing out at 150Mbps and now 135Mbps. They called me and asked if I would like their fiber with 600Mbps for a "special" deal and I asked them how they planned to do that if they can't even get me the 200Mbps that I am paying for. They said that the 200 was the max, not the guarantee speed. I asked them why they charged for different speeds if the only speed is a little over a 100Mbps and they couldn't answer.
Funny thing is that when I dropped off my cable TV equipment to their store, the clerk told me that he used Roku. The tech that I talked to on line for support told me that he was using Roku and streaming and the cable tech that was installing cable on the golf course, told me he streams his TV. Comcast lost almost a million customers last year because of their raising their rates.
I found a deal on the Internet for Centurylink fiber for $65 a month, for up to 960Mbps, free installation and free modem/router. I signed up for it to see if it is any good. If it works, I will be paying ten bucks less for less that I get with Comcast. If it doesn't work out, then I can keep my Comcast service.
By the way, cable and sat TV and Internet services charge $20-25 in fees and taxes that they do not tell you about when they make you supposed great offers. You do not pay all those fees when you stream.
Closed Thread

Tags
bill, comcast, raised, year, choice

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.