Contractor Advice Needed...

Closed Thread
Old 10-01-2021, 11:04 AM
Default Contractor Advice Needed...

We are looking to replace 2 double hung windows with 2 6 foot sliders. Do you have any recommendations for a good contractor who could handle this job?
Old 10-01-2021, 12:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,708 Times in 5,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkay101@gmail.com View Post
We are looking to replace 2 double hung windows with 2 6 foot sliders. Do you have any recommendations for a good contractor who could handle this job?
If you are replacing windows with sliding glass doors, I hope you understand that it will be a project that involves several different trades, ARC approval, and a county permit. You will probably need a general contractor. I would call a few window companies, like Custom Windows and Doors, to see if they can either do the job or recommend a contractor. Get some competitive quotes. Also, this is a very difficult time to do a small construction project because the cost will be high and it may take a long time to get it done. Make sure that you nail down a completion schedule and don't pay any money in advance. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.
Old 10-01-2021, 12:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

I agree with above, ARC approval will be a requirement, T&D did some work very similar to this for a neighbor, very nice job and appeared to be very well done, however, from my observations this will NOT be a quick project plan on several months from initial contact to completion. Make sure that once the opening is actually opened that you have a defined completion date or a suitable way to secure your house.
Old 10-01-2021, 02:18 PM

GRINGRICH DID OURS from permit to completion
Closed Thread

Tags
contractor, handle, good, recommendations, foot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.