Contractor Caution

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 12-05-2007, 10:22 PM
Default Contractor Caution

I want to make you all aware of the difficulties my wife and I experienced with a contractor. Now, if you have had successful dealings with Nichols Tile, then all the best to you. As for me it's a wonder they are still in business. During our walk through the general conttractor commented on the poor grout in our tile. A conversation with the warranty dept got us a call from Nichols. After several 'visits' by a guy who had no settlement authority, phone calls not returned, missed appointments, etc. seven months later we are told someone will be at the house 11/22. My wife asked if they worked on Thanksgiving, and after a moment of silence he said he'd call back. Bottom line is we reserved the last two days for the long awaited work. The first day they worked 2 hours and today showed up at 11:25 AM. Although the work is finally done, the grief we went through is nonsense. I am posting this so that if anyone plans on using Nichols Tile, beware and be careful.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.