Contractors Ratings and Reviews a Farce?

Closed Thread
Old 11-15-2018, 09:45 PM
Default Contractors Ratings and Reviews a Farce?

I posted a one line review for one of the contractors on the sub forum that lists all the contractors that are advertising there. My review simply said that I had a poor experience and could not recommend them.

It disappeared within two hours later! I’ve posted 46 posts so that shouldn’t be a reason to delete it. ( 10 is required ).

So do these advertisers have access to their adds and the ability to remove anything negative. If so, that entire forum is misleading and a farce.

Hope I’m wrong but I would sure like an explanation from someone...
Old 11-15-2018, 10:04 PM
Investment Painting Contractors Investment Painting Contractors is offline
TOTV SPONSOR
Default Bad Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbear View Post
I posted a one line review for one of the contractors on the sub forum that lists all the contractors that are advertising there. My review simply said that I had a poor experience and could not recommend them.

It disappeared within two hours later! I’ve posted 46 posts so that shouldn’t be a reason to delete it. ( 10 is required ).

So do these advertisers have access to their adds and the ability to remove anything negative. If so, that entire forum is misleading and a farce.

Hope I’m wrong but I would sure like an explanation from someone...
Tbear, we do not have the ability to remove bad reviews. Ask Admin what happened. Len
Old 11-15-2018, 10:22 PM

Thanks Len. To be clear for others reading this, my post had nothing to do with your company and I appreciate your reply. I hope the administrator reads this thread and can offer an explanation. Not exactly sure how to ask him ( her ) directly.
Old 11-16-2018, 05:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbear View Post
Thanks Len. To be clear for others reading this, my post had nothing to do with your company and I appreciate your reply. I hope the administrator reads this thread and can offer an explanation. Not exactly sure how to ask him ( her ) directly.
Don't worry. They will respond.

Advertisers do not have the ability to remove posts. No one has ever said that in the eleven years I have been reading this forum.
Old 11-16-2018, 10:14 AM
TOTV Moderator

As was explained in another thread, the OP in this instance posted on the advertiser's "Sticky" thread rather than starting his own thread about his experience. Also, to be fair, the comment was a simple one line "stay away from this company, bad experience" with no details. Critical posts with sufficient detail have a better chance of surviving.

OP's post was deleted and a notify message was sent to him/her with the following reason: "Inappropriate post on a sponsor’s thread. Post reviews in Contractors and Services forum"

Again, our aim is to be fair and civil. Hope this explanation helps.

Closed Thread

Tags
contractors, forum, farce, review, access

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.