Convertible window repair

Closed Thread
Old 01-10-2019, 03:18 PM
Default Convertible window repair

Need convertible back window repaired. Any local suggestions? 2009 VW
Old 01-10-2019, 04:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,147 Times in 2,246 Posts

I believe this is a known problem with this car. A friend of mine used youtube videos and automotive glue for this purpose to repair his, as the replacement cost was very high. He was not able to find anyone to repair, everyone would only replace the entire roof and window. Hope this helps.
Old 01-12-2019, 09:32 PM
Gold member

Years ago I used Cyanoacrylate glue on an Audi TT window. But traded it in within a year. Try Bob's seat covers in Leesburg. They probably have the right adhesive. They put a new top on my 350Z. They do a lot of custom cars around here.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,147 Times in 2,246 Posts

I agree with above, about Bob's, I used them for a new top on my Mustang. As I recall, the problem my friend found was that no one would REPAIR where the window pulled away from the top, all the people wanted to replace the entire top. My friend found YouTube videos showing the repair, and he was able to find a suitable glue, NOTE you need one that is flexible. Also, you may need some specialized clamps, he found these at harbor Freight as I recall. Send me a PM if you would like to talk over the phone. I have rebuilt several cars from the ground up, and i might be able to help you.

Tags
convertible, window, suggestions, local, repaired

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.