Creative Finish Carpentry

Old 09-14-2013, 08:51 AM
Default Creative Finish Carpentry

I have read a number of posts that said that Creative did very good work. I am wondering if anyone has had challenges in arranging for them to do work. I have been trying to arrange for installation of crown molding by contacting them through email. They are extremely slow when responding to email (when they do respond). I have also had our house watcher try to contact them and they are also extremely slow in responding to her. I have worked with other contractors remotely and have had none of the problems I seem to be having with Creative.

I want to get the molding installed before we have our furniture moved in next month. I would think that it would be to their benefit to do the work in a vacant house, but I guess they do not really want the job.

Can anyone recommend an alternative contractor?
Old 09-14-2013, 09:34 AM

I called by phone and they returned the call. Try that instead of email.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:46 AM
Sage

I've had them here doing work a couple of times, great work! Contact via email didn't work for me....but phone calls did. They are extremely busy, but will get to you if you make a phone call.
Old 09-14-2013, 02:33 PM

I had no problem when I called them. Someone came to my home to give me a price and suggested some alternatives. Their work is terrific. I have an 1800 square foot home that was completely done with crown molding (including the bathrooms). There were 7 or 8 men, plus a clean-up person. They arrived at my home around 10:00 in the morning and the job was completed, painted, caulked and cleaned up by 2:30. I was amazed. Wouldn't choose anyone else. Hopes this helps you make a decision.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:05 PM
Sage

Ditto...call by phone. We had crown molding done in July and it was about a one month lead time then for scheduling so plan accordingly. They can do an occupied house as easily as an empty house. Empty would be better for you and them as far as the cleanup. Big crew, works fast. Wonderful end product for a fair price.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:38 PM

I have left them a message on their answering service.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:40 PM

I have just the person to do the job for you. His name is Jimmy Jones ( J. J. ) is his nickname, Village Resident. Here is his phone number: 352-460-2173. He will answer the phone and will get back to you 100% of the time if you leave a number.

Jimmy installed cabinets in our garage and we are so happy with the job that he did he even picked up the said cabinets @ Lowes for me and saved me the delivery charge.

Jimmy is actually a finish carpenter ( old school ) and I am certain he can easily do this job for you, he is trustworthy, honest, and I feel privileged knowing him.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:17 AM
Default Good News

I was able to make telephone contact with Creative and have scheduled the work. It is nice to be in a location where I can work via telephone.

I will let you know how it turns out. I have high expectations for their work.

Don
Old 09-28-2013, 07:20 PM
Default All's Well That End Well

I want to follow-up on my earlier posts. I scheduled with Creative to come out on Saturday morning. The crew showed up on time, were very pleasant and professional and did a great job with the installation of our crown molding. They cleaned up before leaving. I could not be happier with their work. I did not have enough touch-up paint for them to touch up a few spots on the walls after the molding installation, so they will come out when I get more paint.

Now crown molding will not make or break anyone's life, but I very much like how it is adding to our house and how the installation by Creative looks like it just belongs in our house.

Don
Old 10-09-2013, 10:53 PM

Closed on our home on Monday. Here is another picture of great work by Creative Finish Carpentry. They were efficient and cleaned up as they went. They arrived yesterday morning, right on time, and finished in about 4 1/2 hours

Last edited by Ad poster; 12-06-2023 at 12:55 AM.
Old 05-29-2014, 03:30 AM
Cool Crown Moulding

How about Nothaft Carpentry? They were great when my mom had crown moulding done in her place. I don't have their number but I think you can search them in the local directory.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:11 AM

We had Creative come back to do wainscuting in the foyer and on the breakfast bar. The work was done by the owner's father and in addition to a great design and installation, he is a very frienly guy.

Don
Old 06-11-2014, 09:41 AM

Creative Finish Carpentry of FL installed our crown molding and framing around windows & doors within 4 hrs. with precision and great teamwork June 2014! They have a crew of 7-8 employees. They did what they promised but also cleaned up, dusted, & vacuumed. We Highly Recommend this company. Even the owner Mario showed up to make sure all was done correctly!
Old 08-17-2014, 07:58 AM

He wasn't so good for is, came out, we talked to him about a bar we wanted built, gave us ideas and never heard from him again
Old 08-17-2014, 08:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Creative Finish installed our crown molding.
Having a back ground in carpentry it was like watching a well oil machine at work start to finish

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.