Appliance warranty

Closed Thread
Old 03-13-2020, 04:05 PM
Default Appliance warranty

Has anyone had experience with the home appliance warranty company, American Home Shield? We're coming up on two years in TV and our appliance warranties are expiring.
Old 03-13-2020, 04:21 PM

No used them before, sent me multiple sub par contractors before the problem was fixed. Remember you still pay service call too. Wasnt worth the hassle. I prefer getting top notch repair people.
Old 03-13-2020, 04:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

WJLA-TV has reported on a case in which American Home Shield refused to pay for replacement of a clothes dryer that caught fire, on the ground that the local fire department had removed the dryer from the home when responding to the call. WJLA-TV repeatedly attempted to contact American Home Shield about the incident, but received no response.

Consumer Reports: Of the four companies we reviewed, the highest complaint generator by far was Memphis, Tennessee-based American Home Shield, with 4,660 complaints as of mid-June. Of the 44 reviews customers posted on the BBB website, 41 reported negative experiences with the company.

I use Yelp's website for reviews on car dealers and just about business or service company. Here's a lot of reviews, most are not good.

American Home Shield Home Warranty | Los Angeles - Yelp
Old 03-13-2020, 04:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,707 Times in 5,240 Posts

That company has 11,485 complaints listed on BBB.com. There are several threads about home warranty companies on this website. You can search for them. But, basically, I believe that a home warranty is not a good idea. You will get substandard contractors because good contractors won't work for them. And, you will lose control of how and when the work is performed. Do you really want to wait several days to get you AC system fixed in July? Also, if you need a new system or appliance, the warranty company may only want to repair it, and it will be their choice.
Closed Thread

Tags
appliance, home, warranty, warranties, years

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.