Curtain for Lanai sliding door

Closed Thread
Old 06-17-2017, 12:41 PM
Default Curtain for Lanai sliding door

After hours of searching for a single panel wide enough and coming up empty, hoping to find suggestions of a seamstress who is interested in making one?

Any suggestions?
Old 06-17-2017, 02:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakesmom208 View Post
After hours of searching for a single panel wide enough and coming up empty, hoping to find suggestions of a seamstress who is interested in making one?

Any suggestions?
I cannot help with the seamstress, but depending on the width of your sliders (ours are 12 feet), and the weight of your material, you may run into a problem with the hangers, and need more than one at each end. Back up north, the maximum width we could cover was 6 feet, on a single rod (2 supports), and light weight curtains.
Good luck with your project.
Old 06-17-2017, 02:15 PM
Platinum member

ck out Thermal Windows | Manufactured in Tulsa, Oklahoma They have semi sheer insulated drapes 108" wide. I use them on my glassed in lanai in the grommet top style and they cut the heat like crazy. Don't know if 108" is wide enough for you.
Old 06-17-2017, 02:17 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

Not sure if you'd like them, but when we bought our home, there were vertical blinds in front of the sliders. Never had them before, but I really like them, and they do the job. If you are determined to have curtains, I don't have a suggestion.
Old 06-17-2017, 02:57 PM

I have no idea of their prices for drapes, but we are working with Dress Up Your Window in Leesburg for some cornices. They have many examples of what they can do, as far as drapes, cornices, blinds, etc. in their showroom/shop and literally 1000's of material samples to choose from.
Closed Thread

Tags
suggestions, seamstress, find, hoping, making

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.