Custom Windows experience

Closed Thread
Old 08-05-2021, 05:57 AM
Default CSW. windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyGStone View Post
We a new homeowners in TV and want to enclose our lanai. We got a reasonable quote from Custom Windows and are wondering what other people’s experience was with this company.

We are in the process of having CSW do ours. ITS BEEN A NIGHTMARE!! We waited 9 months for Windows to come in and they finally came in the other day. They came to do the install and on 5 windows there are defects. They now have to order new windows and they won’t come in for another 3 months. By the way, these are their top of the line windows . Look elsewhere.
Old 08-05-2021, 06:01 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edd.wade View Post
Excellent company, we did not realize that with the privacy screen you have to take the doors out to clean. Screens do not come off.
You can buy a product that attaches to your hose that cleans the screen and your windows was very surprised at how well it worked.

If you want the screens to slide so the windows can be cleaned they offer sliding screens costs more.
Old 08-05-2021, 06:18 AM
Default Custom Windows

Quote:
We a new homeowners in TV and want to enclose our lanai. We got a reasonable quote from Custom Windows and are wondering what other people’s experience was with this company.
We had Custom Windows enclose our lanI a couple of years ago. They came when they said they would come and did what they said they would do. I am very satisfied with the job they did.
Old 08-05-2021, 06:22 AM
Default Custom Wondows

Had Custom Windows installed in 2014. 6 out of 9 windows and 1 door were replaced during the 7 years, some were under warranty . Mostly ALL had a $ 95 install charge. I would try else where to purchase the windows
Old 08-05-2021, 06:24 AM
Default Custom windows

Quote:
very professional. Excellent installation. Pretty much accurate on length of time based on supplier. Good quality
Old 08-05-2021, 06:44 AM

Everyone on here will always tell you this is the best company since sliced bread (Custom Windows of Leesburg) and defend them to the bitter end because of how great an experience they had with them. Mine was the total opposite. They are the most incompetent undependable company in the world that I have ever dealt with. Perhaps it was just the total fools of installers they sent to my house. Best of luck. I purchased with them due to the GREAT reviews on here as well. Here are all the issues I had with them: Dishonest, extremely poor workmanship, not interested in doing a final walkthrough, late, lazy, missed scheduled appointment after appointment, damaged windows upon delivery, they damaged them further while installing, they demand the remainder of full payment after their sloppy install even though you still have major issues. Why didn't I take them to court? I decided to politely keep reminding them to follow up and fix everything until it finally got done instead. Next, I intended to write them rotten reviews forever. They deserve it.

Last edited by skippy05; 08-05-2021 at 09:46 AM.
Old 08-05-2021, 06:48 AM
Location: Chicago area but spend a month every year in The Villages

Another recommendation for Custom Windows in Leesburg. They enclosed our lanai two years ago and did a terrific job.
Old 08-05-2021, 07:07 AM
Default Custom Windows

Quote:
They installed our windows about 4 yr ago and we had great service. However I referred a couple of friends who have had a terrible experience as recently as this last last year. Apparently their customer service has worsened. Good luck on whomever you choose.
Old 08-05-2021, 07:11 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

I guess we are one of the exceptions. We had a quote from them and had planned on using them but every time the sales person was raptor come out she would cancel or show up hours later like at supper time. They would not honor existing quotes and it got to be a real hassle. We called Cook Aluminum they came out, gave us a better quote and did the job nicely.
Old 08-05-2021, 07:13 AM

How do you know it’s reasonable. Heads up. General rule. Never give a job on only one price. It is unbelievable how many people don’t check out 3 vendors and their prices. Ex: we put up a stacked wall in the front yard based on my drawings of what we wanted. Got opinions. Asked the most popular recommended guy for a price. Over $11,000 and all neighbors who used him said it’s the going price. The second price was Around $8,000. The third guy was $2,300. He, his brother, and father did it in 2 days. I watched everything installed and they did an excellent job. We did the vetting and saved $9,000+.
Also no matter what any tradesman tells you, get approval from the villages in writing. If told the job can be started in a couple days or approval is not needed, they can start that fast if they don’t have approval that can take one to four weeks.
Anything you do to the outside that requires any kind of construction, be weary of what you or they THINK is the property line. Get a real surveyor to find the pins based on the property datum. We know two people who had to rip out all work because it didn’t meet the boundary requirements. Cement pads removed and relandscaped back to original settings. People here get taken all the time and usually because they think they got the going price and didn’t.
Always contact Seniors vs. Crime(free) and check out anyone you think you want. Old people always think they sre smarter than the average bear and that is their downfall.
Old 08-05-2021, 07:42 AM
Cool

Quote:
We used Custom Windows and Home Design back in 2015 to enclosure our Lanai. Did a great job and were very responsive when they had to return to replace faulty grout and window seals. Would highly recommend.
Old 08-05-2021, 07:47 AM
Default Long wait

No matter who you use be prepared to wait. We started our project in March 2021. Our windows who are being made in FL by PGT were supposed to be ready by Oct.
Recently PGT sent a corporate letter to all its vendors that the delays would be much longer. We are now sched for Jan/Feb 2022. They are blaming delays on the pandemic and lack of workers coming back to work since uncle Joe keeps paying them to stay home.
Since our job was already started we have no recourse but to wait. Custom windows has been very good so far. They even installed temporary screening and door so we could keep the bugs out somewhat. Just be prepared to wait.
Old 08-05-2021, 08:09 AM
Bella6368

Quote:
Don't know if you're aware of this or not, and it may or may not be true, but am thinking more than likely it is true. I heard if you enclose your lanai with glass it increases the square footage of your living space, thus also increasing your taxes. Just something you might want inquire about to confirm.
Old 08-05-2021, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roeroe1952 View Post
We are in the process of having CSW do ours. ITS BEEN A NIGHTMARE!! We waited 9 months for Windows to come in and they finally came in the other day. They came to do the install and on 5 windows there are defects. They now have to order new windows and they won’t come in for another 3 months. By the way, these are their top of the line windows . Look elsewhere.
How much did you pay up front ?
Old 08-05-2021, 08:51 AM
Default Custom Windows

Quote:
This company enclosed our lanai a few months ago and they did a fantastic job, we are very satisfied and highly recommend them.
Closed Thread

Tags
custom, experience, windows, people’s, wondering

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.