Custom Windows experience

Closed Thread
Old 08-05-2021, 08:52 AM

We used them to enclose our lani a few years ago and have been pleased with them. We have sliders from floor to ceiling for the openess
Old 08-05-2021, 09:06 AM

Outstanding....
Old 08-05-2021, 09:07 AM

There are two companies in the area that have Custom Windows as part of their name. We had the Custom Windows located in Leesburg enclose our lanai last summer. Because of supply chain problems it took longer than expected. The finished product was well done. We had slider windows with a fixed window underneath. Added a mini split. Have hardly opened the windows.
Old 08-05-2021, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyGStone View Post
We a new homeowners in TV and want to enclose our lanai. We got a reasonable quote from Custom Windows and are wondering what other people’s experience was with this company.

We used Windows of Central Florida to glass-enclose our screened in lanai and thought they did a nice job.
Old 08-05-2021, 09:12 AM
Smile

Quote:
We a new homeowners in TV and want to enclose our lanai. We got a reasonable quote from Custom Windows and are wondering what other people’s experience was with this company.
Used then-did a great job--no problems since-would reccomend.
Old 08-05-2021, 09:17 AM

They were great
Old 08-05-2021, 09:22 AM
Default Enclose your lanai.

We had West Shore Homes, phone # (352) 732-8600 enclose our lanai with termo pane double glass sliding windows. We have a lifetime transferable warranty and it was done in 2008. We have no problems and we didn't have to add an A/C to the lanai. I highly recommend them.
Old 08-05-2021, 09:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roeroe1952 View Post
We are in the process of having CSW do ours. ITS BEEN A NIGHTMARE!! We waited 9 months for Windows to come in and they finally came in the other day. They came to do the install and on 5 windows there are defects. They now have to order new windows and they won’t come in for another 3 months. By the way, these are their top of the line windows . Look elsewhere.
So, you admit your problems were not caused by CSW, yet you disparage them. Uncool!
Old 08-05-2021, 09:58 AM

Quote:
As Birdiebill mentioned, there are two companies with the word Custom in their name. Custom Windows and Exterior Design in Leesburg, which we used to enclose our lanai last March. Quite happy with them. The other is Custom Window Systems in Ocala. Have no experience with them.
Old 08-05-2021, 09:59 AM
Default Lanai enclosures

Quote:
We had our lanai enclosed by D n J Construction (407-416-2039) They did a great job for us as well as many of our friends. Saved a couple thousand over the Custom Windows price too.
Old 08-05-2021, 12:03 PM
Default Enclosed lanai

We didn’t go with that company but chose ‘White Alluminum’ in Leesburg. They did a very good job and we now practically live in our 24x12 space. The sliders to the house are permanently open and the space is Airconditioned by our regular A/C unit with no special outlets needed. The 3 huge panoramic picture-windows are amazing (double glazed and E rating). We now eat out here and I have a small Art ‘studio’ where I can paint with excellent light. The build was 9 years ago and we have had zero problems with it. A very smart move!
Old 08-05-2021, 01:38 PM
Default Unhappy customer

Quote:
We ordered our double pane in November paid half upfront and told they would be in by February. We finally got them in June. Then they left the weep hole caps out on half. Went to the store and they didn’t have any and had to order which I had to pick up. They are horrible.
Old 08-05-2021, 01:41 PM
Default Totally concur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roeroe1952 View Post
We are in the process of having CSW do ours. ITS BEEN A NIGHTMARE!! We waited 9 months for Windows to come in and they finally came in the other day. They came to do the install and on 5 windows there are defects. They now have to order new windows and they won’t come in for another 3 months. By the way, these are their top of the line windows . Look elsewhere.
Same here lied to from the start took 9 months and all they could do was blame their supplier. If they would have been truthful from the start I would have thought they were better. Needless to say many of my neighbors asked what we thought and I said horrible. They went elsewhere.
Old 08-05-2021, 02:13 PM

Custom Windows enclosed my lanai in 2020. I received quotes from 4 contractors and selected Custom Windows for several reasons not just the competitive price. I did not want sliders because there is a garden just outside the lanai. Custom Windows had the option of fixed windows on bottom and sliders on top. Also, I had the floor raised so that it is level with the living area. Custom Windows did an excellent job -- the lanai now can be used year round and it offered additional living space. At that time the wait was 3 or 4 months, however they completed the work in the time frame specified in the contract.
Old 08-05-2021, 03:13 PM

Custom Windows enclosed my lanai a few months ago. In my opinion they are not as great as some of the reviews indicate - just ok or good. The window installer did a very good job but their two subcontractors for stucco repair and painters were just plain terrible. I had to personally get involved to get them back out and try to supervise them. The stucco guy did not blend anything in with existing stucco and made a mess around the window frames and the painters could not paint a straight line around the frames - all crooked and wavy. After calling the stucco guy back out he still was incompetent and I had to fix his mess myself. I had the painters back out to repaint and I personally taped around all the windows since they were incompetent to cut in the lines freehand. Custom Windows has poor project management, quality control and customer communication. I sent the owner a nice business feedback letter indicating that their subs are going to cost them business loss but I never heard back from him - not even an apology.
Closed Thread

Tags
custom, experience, windows, people’s, wondering

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.