D'Angelo Home Inspections

Closed Thread
Old 04-25-2013, 08:33 PM
Gold member

If the Lord permits we have a home being built soon and we want Frank to be there when we perform the walkthrough. I have his number on speed dial.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:45 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Dear Angie,
Yes, you were the client I was referring to. I never divulge specific info about anyone I work for, so on purpose I described your inspection in a way that did not indicate who I was working for.
Thank you so much for the kind words and referral. It was wonderful to meet you, and your home is beautiful. I can't wait to re-inspect it for your one year warranty inspection just so I can see the additional work I know you are planning to have done! Thanks again!!

Rick, also, thank you for the kind words. Looking forward to helping you in any way I can.

Respectfully, Frank D'Angelo, ACI
Old 11-11-2013, 10:13 AM
Veteran member
Default D'Angelo Home Inspections

Wanted to report on my experiences with D'Angelo Home Inspections, an advertiser on TOTV.

We arranged for Frank to perform our inspection of our Iris home approximately 1 month prior to the end of our first year under warranty.

Frank spent 3.5 hours at our home and did an excellent job in checking the entire house to include the roof and attic area. Although most issues were minor in nature, Frank found items we had never even noticed that needed attention.

At 4pm the same date I received an email report from Frank consisting of approximately 30 pages with photos of areas for repair. The report was also sent to the warranty department of The Villages on the same date.

Bottom line, Frank's findings were all accepted by the Warranty department and all issues were fixed/repaired within 10 days. Frank has an excellent reputation with the Warranty department and it showed.

Using D'Angelo Home Inspections was money well spent and I would highly recommend them for your inspections. Contact them via TOTV or call Frank at 352 250 7818.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:59 AM

We also recently used Frank and he did a fantastic job
Old 11-11-2013, 11:09 AM

We also used Frank's services and were very pleased with his work, I highly recommend him
Old 11-11-2013, 01:33 PM

Another vote of confidence for Frank - his inspection was very professional - the warrantly department understood his report and responded to the minor issues - completely satisfied.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:32 PM

Ditto
Old 11-11-2013, 03:43 PM

We used Frank as well. Would use him again without hesitation.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:18 PM
Veteran member

Frank is top notch!!! I would use him for any home inspection needs! Plus he's a GREAT guy!
Old 11-11-2013, 06:36 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Frank is the best. Very professional.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:38 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Thank you Jack and everyone else for your kind words.

I've been very blessed and as you know, I never solicit remarks like this, so when they come I'm very thankful. For folks to take the time out of their busy life to post responses like these is very humbling.

There are a good amount of Home Inspectors out there. A few others I know are very good, and I recommend them when I am not available. Others sadly I would not recommend. I know there are some out there who seem to overbook. They care more about getting to the next inspection then concentrating on YOUR house.

I watched one the other day inspect a home across from the home I was inspecting. I was surprised to see he never went on the roof, and I do not think he went in the attic. He was at the home for 49 minutes, and I saw him hand a one page report to the homeowners with check marks on it.

As he was leaving I waved hello to him and spoke to him for a minute. He complained about the job and some other stuff. I wished him the best.

While I would never divulge his name, I know he is not the only inspector out there like that. He charged less then me, but I honestly do not think anyone could do a complete inspection in 49 minutes. Of course, some folks would be happy with the price, etc. That is fine.

I think The Villages builds a good home. That being said, I do find some strange things sometimes, and I do find issues both on the roof and in the attic quite often. Because I do this everyday, I have learned to look in certain places in certain models. As a retired Professional Firefighter, I am used to walking on roofs and around attics.

Because I have a pension, I do this because I love to, not because I need to. I enjoy teaching folks how to care for their Florida home. If you are from up north, you may not know how to care for your A/C or sprinkler system. Because I only book two inspections a day, I am never too busy to listen to your concerns and help in any way I can. I am an ASHI Certified inspector, many others are not. I'm very proud to have achieved that standard.

Sorry for my long post. Inspecting is a passion of mine and I get carried away sometimes. I really only wanted to say thank you for the kind words.

Respectfully, Frank
Old 11-11-2013, 09:14 PM
Sage

Frank what R the most common issues you find?
Old 11-11-2013, 10:17 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Great question.

There are many issues typically found. On a stucco home I find a lot of vertical and step cracking. I also find bath vent problems, etc.
On the roof I sometimes find damaged shingles and even some lead flashing problems around some vent pipes.
I also find light fixtures not caulked properly, grading issues and sometimes gutter/downspout issues.

In the garage I find cracking around the window, along the garage doors and ceiling and walls. Sometimes safety issues with the garage door openers.

Inside I find drywall cracks along ceilings, inside around the windows, etc. In kitchens and bathrooms I find countertop and cabinet defects, and cracks in the grout in the flooring and especially in the shower area. Missing caulk around sinks that in time can damage the countertops, etc.

I also find pocket door problems, shower door problems, upper mitre cracks in the trim, etc.

I sometimes find issues inside the electrical panel box like double taps, etc, and many times I find issues with missing insulation in the attic.

Occasionally I find leaking toilets, defective tub spouts, etc. Often I find problems with the sliding glass patio doors.

I also find strange things, like loose doorknobs, doorknobs installed backwards so you can lock people in but not lock people out, weatherstripping problems on exterior doors, etc. I've also found problems with the A/C ductwork, where the supply and the return ductwork was switched.

I find cracking in the lanai , flaking stucco in the thresholds and brown spotting on the lanai ceilings.

Of course, even though the sprinkler systems are only warrantied for 30 days, I usually check them because I find broken sprinkler heads, etc.

This is by no means a complete list....just some of the things off the top of my head. I apologize, as it is late and past my bedtime so my posting skills are a bit dulled by the late hour. I get up at 6:30am and will be at tomorrows inspection by 8am......good night my friends....

Respectfully, Frank
Old 11-11-2013, 11:07 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I've never met Frank but have seen his reports. They are some of the most thorough I've seen. I would (and have) recommended him. Hope I can meet him one of these days!

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.