Deans or Masseys for lawn fertilizing and pest control?

Closed Thread
Old 02-22-2020, 10:13 AM
Default Deans

Hi there,

I have lived here all my life. I use Deans for the outside. They do a great job. Comes out once a year for termite protection and has a bond to go with it, so they back their work up. They are less expensive also.
For inside my home, I make an environmentally and pet friendly mix and spray it around my house, cabinets, windows and anywhere I do not want bugs coming into my home. It is safe and repels all sorts of bugs and ants. Half white vinegar and concentrated lemon juice and water in a spray bottle. I use this when I mop my floors also, going up to my baseboards. It works great. Won't hurt the fur babies or two legged grandbabies. Non toxic and safe. When it dries there is also no scent .
Old 02-22-2020, 11:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeinel@verizon.net View Post
They will let you prepay for the year by check that’s what indid
Suggest you never pre-pay for services for anything. Many have been burned here by doing that. Our service sends an invoice on the first of the month, I pay it (Paypal) on the 28th of the month AFTER the service has been rendered.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 02-22-2020, 11:21 AM

Which company?
Old 02-22-2020, 11:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,623 Times in 5,201 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Suggest you never pre-pay for services for anything. Many have been burned here by doing that. Our service sends an invoice on the first of the month, I pay it (Paypal) on the 28th of the month AFTER the service has been rendered.
Agree. I pay Massey online after they perform a specific service. They offer a 5 percent discount to pay a year in advance, but I don't think the discount is worth it.
Old 02-22-2020, 11:48 AM
Veteran member
Default Deans Pest Control

I have had Deans for four years and never have seen an insect anywhere in my house. I chose Deans over Massey since at the time they covered three types of termites versus only two for Massey. I believe that they both have guarantees.

Their Lawn service is okay nothing spectacular. Not very good about weeds in the garden. They are getting better about keeping the sprinkler heads cleared. I hear they will respond quickly to any complaints.
Old 02-22-2020, 03:52 PM

Extremely happy with Falcon. Give improvement since I started with them well over a year ago.
Old 02-22-2020, 08:26 PM

What was the problem with Deans?? I see them here doing my property thoroughly and they took extra care of getting the burns on my lawn the tree guy left from his pressure washer, and my hedges are in better condition now with Nomore bugs eating the leaves all up, and their bug spraying was done right! Nobody could screw that stuff up!!! It’s just spraying the lawn and Bushes and edge of the house and they do it fine!!! Never any problem and my lawn was great since I hired them! Cheaper than masseys contract too! I don’t see how anyone complains about this easy work?? 🤷*♀️ It’s simple! All my neighbors use Deans.

But you DO have to water the lawn the night they spray fertilizer as that will kill your grass if you fail to do your part! Can’t blame the company! They leave a sign on the lawn alerting us they sprayed!
Old 02-23-2020, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atamasco View Post
What type of grass?
Good question. I've been here for 8 months and I was told our grass is some type of weed, that looks like grass. It is very thick and cushy when you walk on it. Looks great though!
Old 02-23-2020, 06:22 AM

Thank you for that information, Jim. It's good to know that such continued training is required. I had Massey for two years and they did OK, but their billing was incomprehensible ("...applied 32 oz. XYZ …") and when I started having lawn problems I would just be told that they "...applied 19 oz. of ABC...". Their billing was terrific though and would leave an invoice or statement of work (incomprehensible, of course) each time and my weed and chigger problems would continue. Requests for supervisor to come out were unresponsive until I canceled. Wow! Did they ever come alive then! Also, I agree with the other writer about the overpricing for such services.
Old 02-23-2020, 05:54 PM

Who do you use for trimming, weeding, etc.?
Closed Thread

Tags
deans, fertilizing, conditions, week, don’t

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.