Delightful Miracle Happened concerning City Furniture purchase !

Closed Thread
Old 07-23-2020, 06:30 PM
Default Delightful Miracle Happened concerning City Furniture purchase !

This is an update to a 13 month issue of ordering 3 rooms of furniture and not getting the correct piece for a bedroom set. It sounds so easy, but it was not. None the less, after all this time and trying all kinds of actions from BBB to state A.G. consumer affairs, I gave up, 4 months ago ! This past Monday, "out of the blue" as they say, the nicest woman called, very good customer service skills, pleasant, and was she ever a GOOD listener. She apologized (miracle, most places seem to NOT want to give any apology to the customers they treat badly these days !) said this "never should have happened to you" (agreed) and also said "when I looked over this file I was questioning myself why this was not taken care of quickly ?" So she arranged today for 3 men to come, either find a way to attach the door that SHOULD have come on the combination bedroom piece that is a chest and a wardrobe combo piece, very nice, very unique, but very useless without the louvered doors. They all worked diligently, not one doing the work and two watching, for over an hour. They brought several matching doors with them to find the best fit (all were the same design and weathered antique white finish). They did a great job. I should be angry that it took more than a year of me calling, writing, emailing, going to the store in person and then finally after about 10 months and a file folder of documentation 1 1/2 inches thick.... I have a finished master bedroom and I can now put away the underwear and have it out of sight, HOORAY ! Yes, I should be angry right ? But I am so happy, I'd given up and it was not an inexpensive piece, expected to have to try to find something, somewhere to match and the odds of that were not good !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladygolfer93 View Post
Have widowed cousin in Michigan. Signed over insurance check for flood as company refused to mitigate water and mold unless she did. Company got all the insurance money, she was left with TERRIBLE situation and not even able to SELL home as she had no more money to pay to try to get another company, reported to state of course, nothing really happens, we are all so naive to think these numbers given to us by contractors are valid registration numbers. I paid 100% UP FRONT to City Furniture, never did get one piece of the furniture, a year later, have done it all, BBB, Seniors against crime, Florida attorney general, 3" of "paper work on all this", and in the end, City Furniture sent my credit card company a "copy" of the delivery sheet signed by me, and yet, when they brought only some of what I paid for, I REFUSED TO SIGN ANYTHING. It's useless to fight anyone, plumber charged $90 to fix ONE dripping faucet, hot water. I said, "oh, look, it is STILL dripping", Oh, no, he said, it will stop, that's only "left in line". It STILL drips, no way to get my money back, told credit card (BOA) it was "fixed".
I sure hope people don't get taken with this roofing claim thing.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.