Dethatch Zosia?

Closed Thread
Old 03-31-2021, 01:11 PM
Default Dethatch Zosia?

Has anyone had any experience dethatching or power raking their zoysia lawn? If so, do you recommend this? Who did you use for this service and do you recommend?
Old 03-31-2021, 02:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalex View Post
Has anyone had any experience dethatching or power raking their zoysia lawn? If so, do you recommend this? Who did you use for this service and do you recommend?
I do it myself with a small elect. dethatcher. Don't know if it helps but doesn't seem to hurt. I do it very lightly.

Greenworks 10 Amp 14-Inch Corded Dethatcher, 27022 ($129 on Amazon)
Old 04-01-2021, 09:31 AM

I've been here six or seven years now and almost lost my lawn to thatch. To much water, to much fert. and not smart enough to listen to the extension service. I've used both power rake's and even went to the point of renting a thatching machine from Home Depot. Long story short the older your Zoysia gets the more it needs thatching. Thatch is not mulch but I think bagging at least part of your clippings helps.

I do have a power rake blade for my lawn mower if I can help or you'd like to try it I'd bring my lawnmower over and we'd try it.
Old 04-01-2021, 10:25 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,755 Times in 3,630 Posts

Fertigator did mine.
Old 04-01-2021, 03:41 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalex View Post
If you look it up on google there is only a specific time of the year that is recommended.

Adams Earth is a company near TV that offers this service in the villages. Different schools of thought exist, so De-hatch lightly.
Closed Thread

Tags
recommend, dethatch, service, lawn, zosia

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.