Roof replacement

Closed Thread
Old 02-20-2020, 12:40 PM
Default Roof replacement

For those leary about roofers in the area. We had our roof looked at by Secured Roofing and Restoration through salesman Shoe 352-616-7663 and so far are very happy with them. They did all the paperwork for insurance and everything that needed to be done to do the job. Insurance has approved and work is being done March 9. Checked a house just completed and owner very satisfied. Will repost after work is completed
Old 02-20-2020, 12:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,588 Times in 5,185 Posts

I hope your roof project works out fine. But, I would not have had a roofer fill out the paperwork for the insurance company, especially if you authorized the insurance company to pay the roofer directly. That is an "assignment of benefits" form. The potential problem with it is that the roofer is authorized to schedule the project any way and any time they want, and you would have very little control over the quality of the work, when to make the payments, and whether or not to reject the work and hire someone else.
Old 02-24-2020, 04:47 PM

5-Star Roofing just completed our roof ( total replacement) in one day. Very honest in their description of work to be performed and handling of all paperwork. Installation of all trim and shingles looks very well done. Clean up after the job was 100%, wouldn't ever know they had been here. Respected all of our concerns re plants/shrubs and driveway pavers.

Their office provided us with dates and times for all aspects of the project and these were adhered to almost to the hour. They do use their own employees and no sub contracting was done.

You owe it to yourself to at least let them one of your quotation providers --- NO I do not have an uncle in the roofing business !
Closed Thread

Tags
roof, insurance, work, completed, repost

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.