dishwasher installer

Closed Thread
Old 07-06-2019, 01:30 PM
Default dishwasher installer

Is there anyone out there who is qualified to install a basic dishwasher for a reasonable fee?
Old 07-06-2019, 03:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,147 Times in 2,246 Posts

Many times the store you buy the new dishwasher from will have a removal and installation service. If you are trying to save money of the additional cost, one of the handyman types may be able to help, however, you will have to arrange for the pickup of the old unit.
Old 07-06-2019, 03:48 PM
Soaring Eagle member

It is not a difficult procedure. Probably a rubber hose connects the dishwasher to your plumbing and the electrical could be hard wired to a junction box. Thus I would go with the Villagetinkers suggestion. Just be sure you have accurate measurements for the size of the opening.
Old 07-06-2019, 04:22 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm1cc View Post
It is not a difficult procedure. Probably a rubber hose connects the dishwasher to your plumbing and the electrical could be hard wired to a junction box. Thus I would go with the Villagetinkers suggestion. Just be sure you have accurate measurements for the size of the opening.
Yes it's not that difficult if you are replacing one that is already there. But I think code calls for DW's to be plugged and not hardwired now.
Steve
Closed Thread

Tags
dishwasher, basic, reasonable, fee, install

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.