Does adding window tint in your car on the factory "shaded" windows help?

Closed Thread
Old 10-05-2020, 02:35 PM
TOTV SPONSOR
Thumbs up Does adding window tint in your car on the factory "shaded" windows help?

Q: Does adding window tint in your car on the factory "shaded" windows help?

A: Absolutely!!! shaded windows are just shaded. To get real UV and sun heat rejection a professional window film like Llumar will do the job and keep you car susbstantially cooler.

Call Sambo's Customs today to discuss your tinting needs.

352 748-4840

352 748 4840

305 S Main Street
Wildwood, Florida 34785
Old 10-05-2020, 03:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

Interesting but sounds like you might end up with windows that are too dark, and a ticket when stopped by the police.
Old 10-05-2020, 03:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,708 Times in 5,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Interesting but sounds like you might end up with windows that are too dark, and a ticket when stopped by the police.
I think the police have a way to measure the tint level on windows. The law in Florida is that the front side windows must allow 28 percent of the light in, and the back side and rear window must allow 15 percent of the light in.
Old 10-05-2020, 03:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,043 Times in 5,334 Posts

If I was a police officer and I stopped a car and could not see inside that would not make me a happy camper.

I do not know about Florida but in other places we lived it was against the law.
Old 10-05-2020, 04:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,708 Times in 5,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by samboscustoms View Post

A: Absolutely!!! shaded windows are just shaded. To get real UV and sun heat rejection a professional window film like Llumar will do the job and keep you car susbstantially cooler.

352 748-4840
OP, it seems as though adding window tint to a car may make the car non-compliant with the light transmission law in Florida, which requires at least 28 percent of the light to pass through the front side windows. Is that true?
Old 10-05-2020, 04:39 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
OP, it seems as though adding window tint to a car may make the car non-compliant with the light transmission law in Florida, which requires at least 28 percent of the light to pass through the front side windows. Is that true?
When we purchased our new Honda CRV at Jenkins Honda in Leesburg this past March, as a part of the deal they added tint to the two front side windows and the front down to the marks that indicate were it was allowed. We are happy with the additional tint.
Old 10-05-2020, 06:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

Here is the problem, I as another driver cannot see inside your car, I cannot make eye contact, and I have no idea if you see me or acknowledge my signals. This is a very real problem, especially if one driver is trying signal another driver.
Old 10-05-2020, 09:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,043 Times in 5,334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Here is the problem, I as another driver cannot see inside your car, I cannot make eye contact, and I have no idea if you see me or acknowledge my signals. This is a very real problem, especially if one driver is trying signal another driver.
Very true, you do not even know for sure if someone is in the car if their lights are off
Old 10-06-2020, 04:27 AM
DAIII
Smile UV protection

I do not like window tint for the same reasons, dark and cannot see at night however, I had my vehicle tinted with basically clear tint (tint guys do this on the front windshield normally--) but I inquired can't you just do this on the sides too? They can and they did and it has the same UV properties as the limo black tint. has a slight maybe blueish tint but it's basically clear and you cannot feel heat thru the side glass now.

ALLIGATOR WINDOW TINT & DETAIL
Martin
352-284-8844

He comes to YOU and does this in your garage at The Villages. (ex military guy too)
Old 10-06-2020, 05:54 AM

Is not the original post simply an advertisement for their business? If that is true, why not,” how many of you are tired of cooking? If you have a 2 person hone who cooks more and does that person do the shopping? If you want a break, come see us at “ ..........”.
Really?
Old 10-06-2020, 06:08 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
I think the police have a way to measure the tint level on windows. The law in Florida is that the front side windows must allow 28 percent of the light in, and the back side and rear window must allow 15 percent of the light in.
Yes, they have tint meters to measure the percent of tint. And any legit tinting shop will not apply illegal tint to your car. They face hefty fines if they do
Old 10-06-2020, 06:10 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
No. The tint a vehicle comes with is so minor it wouldnt automaticly make the tinting illegal
Old 10-06-2020, 06:24 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,862 Times in 785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by samboscustoms View Post

352 748-4840
I know window tinting helps keep a car cooler, but if I can’t see in the windows, I assume there are people in that car doing illegal things. If I were a police officer, heavily tinted windows would cause a surge of adrenalin, and as I approached the car, I would be prepared for trouble. If I get pulled over, that’s not the message I want to be sending! Of course, a clear or nearly clear film that blocks UV light would be healthier for upholstery and skin and would not be a problem if you are pulled over. It doesn’t reduce heat in the car very much, but we do have air-conditioners.

I discovered some years ago that when I’m driving, my sunglasses eliminate glare and lots of the light and make driving so much more pleasant. However, sunlight was sometimes blinding me from the side when the sun was low and coming from the side. I figured out that for the most part, it was only causing a problem through the top couple inches of my side window. (I’m tall. If you can barely see over the steering wheel, it would be more of the window.) I installed a two inch strip of the darkest tint at the top of my side window. It may look slightly odd, but it solves the problem almost completely while letting police officers see into my car. There are no laws against even the darkest tint if it’s only a narrow strip.
Old 10-06-2020, 07:00 AM
Veteran member

any legitimate tint store knows exactly what they are doing and will only apply the percent tint that's legal - you can get 5% to whatever ... 3m also does a great tint .
Old 10-06-2020, 07:45 AM
Email Reported As Spam

check out Underglass, next to the cottage inn diner, they are very knowledgeable.
Closed Thread

Tags
shaded, windows, window, car, factory

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.