Does anyone know how to contact insurance co.

Closed Thread
Old 06-11-2011, 10:17 AM
Question Does anyone know how to contact insurance co.

NEED HELP -- Does anyone know how to contact someone at Insurance Agencies of the Villages in Spanish Springs on weekends or after working hours? We are at our home in Cincinnati and need to talk to someone at this agency ASAP. I have tried calling (they don't even have answering machine) no emergency number, I tried e-mailing Sherri Miller (agent?). This is the first time in a year we have had to contact them.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,361 Times in 2,394 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim B. View Post
NEED HELP -- Does anyone know how to contact someone at Insurance Agencies of the Villages in Spanish Springs on weekends or after working hours? We are at our home in Cincinnati and need to talk to someone at this agency ASAP. I have tried calling (they don't even have answering machine) no emergency number, I tried e-mailing Sherri Miller (agent?). This is the first time in a year we have had to contact them.
Their ad in the phone book does not list an after hours telephone number.
Try calling the sales office maybe they can help.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:34 AM
Gold member

Do you happen to have your agents business card that might have an after hours emergency number? Good luck tracking someone down.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:18 AM

I called the sales office and all they could do was confirm Sherri Miller as an agent and confirm her e-mail address. There are no after-hour or emergency numbers. Thank you so much for your help. I can only hope that she reads her e-mails on the weekends. Thanks again.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:22 AM

Unfortunately, we do not have a business card. We have had this insurance for a year, and the only time we heard from them was to send us a bill to renew our homeowners insurance. We took out this insurance at closing, which we did over the internet and mail.
Thanks so much for your help. I guess we will sweat this out all weekend. Thanks again.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:25 AM
Gold member

How about the actual policy? No phone numbers there?
Old 06-11-2011, 11:26 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
Unfortunately, we do not have a business card. We have had this insurance for a year, and the only time we heard from them was to send us a bill to renew our homeowners insurance. We took out this insurance at closing, which we did over the internet and mail.
Thanks so much for your help. I guess we will sweat this out all weekend. Thanks again.
Jim.... I'm in TV. Is there anything I can do for you? I'd be glad to help you out, if I can.

Send me a PM, if you need it.

Mike
Old 06-11-2011, 01:40 PM

Mike: Thanks for the offer to help. We need to contact our agent to see if our homeowners insurance is still in effect. The insurance company returned our annual payment yesterday, and by the time we got our mail, the offices were all closed -- American Integrity Ins. and The Villages Insurance in Spanish Springs. There are no after-hours phone numbers that we can find. I have sent the agent, Sherri Miller an e-mail, but have not heard from her as yet. Thanks
Old 06-11-2011, 02:08 PM
Sage
Default Do you have insurance premium escrowed/paid by the lender?

Quote:
Mike: Thanks for the offer to help. We need to contact our agent to see if our homeowners insurance is still in effect. The insurance company returned our annual payment yesterday, and by the time we got our mail, the offices were all closed -- American Integrity Ins. and The Villages Insurance in Spanish Springs. There are no after-hours phone numbers that we can find. I have sent the agent, Sherri Miller an e-mail, but have not heard from her as yet. Thanks
Hi....The same thing happened with us last month (I paid the premium and then AIS returned it a month or so later) and I panicked too. Then I remembered we have our taxes and insurance escrowed by the lender.

If you have Citizens First Wholesale Mortgage, you can go there and see your actual loan and all the escrow info. I just went there and checked ours again because the subject makes me nervous!
Old 06-11-2011, 03:21 PM
Veteran member

We also use American Integrity Insurance. Last year, we renewed on line. You might want to go to their web site to check your policy status. http://www.aiicfl.com/
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:32 PM
Gold member

This makes a good case for making sure one has an agent and/or insurance company with 24/7 customer service and availability. It sounds like very frustrating situation.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:44 PM
Sage

From AII's web site:

http://www.aiicfl.com/contact.aspx

They note an 800 number for customer service - I doubt it's manned on the weekends, though. Also noted is a 24-hour claims 800 number - that should at least get you through to someone within the company who might be able to give you some direction on your situation.

Bill
Old 06-11-2011, 07:24 PM

Thank you so much for posting the aii's website. I contacted the claims person there. He was very nice; could not tell me much, but did say our names were still in the system. I will have to wait until monday morning. But i do have a sliver of peace of mind. Thanks again for your help!
Old 06-11-2011, 07:41 PM

Thanks -- I never thought of this! I looked on our mortgage papers from Citizens First and we do have taxes and hazard? insurance escrowed! I knew the taxes were escrowed, but did not think of the insurance, especially since they sent me a bill, a notice of intent to cancel, a cancellation rescission notice, and yesterday a return of premium check. The amount of the hazard insurance is about the same. We are hoping this is the case, every month taxes and insurance are escrowed. We should have called as soon as we got these notices, but we kept thinking they would straighten this out. The memo on the check simply says "return premium for Account ...... Not very good communication!
This definitely points out the need for the 24/7 contact info. Thank you so much for your help. This is so stressful to think that your property is not insured -- the subject does make me very nervous. Thanks again.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:44 PM

Do you have an insurance company/agent that you could recommend that has 24/7 customer service? I think we will be looking for coverage elsewhere. Thanks for your post.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.