Dryer Vent

Closed Thread
Old 06-14-2011, 05:15 AM
Thumbs up Dryer Vent

We just had our dryer vent cleaned as my wife noticed the dryer was taking longer to dry our clothes, I had seen the name Desmond Harris,Covenent Janitorial, on this forum. Boy am I glad I called Desmond .He arrived promptly and worked very hard moving my washer and dryer to clean the vent behind the dryer which is in a most inconveinent location,wow what came out was astonishing, then he cleaned the roof vent from top down,amazing what came out. He cleaned up the area after working and now my dryer is drying in half the time.Great service at a Great price, he recomended once a year cleaning.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:36 PM
Default Dryer Vent

I also had Desmond clean my dryer and was amazed how much stuff came out. I didn't even know the vent is on the roof. I strongly recommend him. He also changed the batteries in all the smoke detectors. A very nice person and excellent job.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap190 View Post
We just had our dryer vent cleaned as my wife noticed the dryer was taking longer to dry our clothes, I had seen the name Desmond Harris,Covenent Janitorial, on this forum. Boy am I glad I called Desmond .He arrived promptly and worked very hard moving my washer and dryer to clean the vent behind the dryer which is in a most inconveinent location,wow what came out was astonishing, then he cleaned the roof vent from top down,amazing what came out. He cleaned up the area after working and now my dryer is drying in half the time.Great service at a Great price, he recomended once a year cleaning.
Clothes taking longer to dry or feeling damp is a good sign a dryer vent is being blocked and could be a fire hazard. I'm glad you had it fixed right away.
It was a big job for me in CT and I had to make a new vent as the run on the old vent was about 30 feet, (cost was $375). I kept blowing fuses in my dryer. I learned a very expensive lesson, ($138 a pop times 2).
Old 06-16-2011, 11:20 AM

Desmond Harris does good work and is reliable.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:43 PM
Dancing Thyme

Homeball, do you have his phone # handy?? I think I could use this service... Thanks,

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 07-02-2011, 05:01 PM
Veteran member

The number I have for Desmond Harris is 352-308-7457. I used him last July and will use him again this summer when I am down to do work on my villa. If you have the batteries, he will change them in the smoke alarms for you. He did a great job for me.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfierle View Post
The number I have for Desmond Harris is 352-308-7457. I used him last July and will use him again this summer when I am down to do work on my villa. If you have the batteries, he will change them in the smoke alarms for you. He did a great job for me.
Thank youuuuu. so nice to have such positive remarks about a service....

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 07-03-2011, 06:02 AM

Desmond Harris does a great job!
Old 08-10-2011, 05:25 PM

Desmond is terrific -- he also does the duct system.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:19 PM
Veteran member

I've cleaned my own vent only twice in 6 years and hardly anything came out. Always clean your lint filter after EVERY dryer load.

I have been on dryer fires.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:59 AM

Update on Desmond. He has a new number to call for an appointment
352-308-9243
He left here a short time ago. as usual he did a great job
Old 09-21-2011, 03:14 PM
Default Desmond is on my calendar

I have already marked next year's calendar to have him do a yearly cleaning. He is a nice classy guy.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:38 PM
Default dryer vent installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap190 View Post
Did you happen to notice how your dryer vent connection is attached? We recently purchased a new W & D which included installation. They attached the dryer with about six feet of flex vent when they only needed 18 inches. They made a large 360 degree loop. I told them it was totally unacceptable but they said that they had to do it that way. Installation took less than two minutes....No way. Causes poor performance and creates a perfect lint trap also keeps the dryer off the wall an additional seven inches. Had to have it fixed. Have seen other new ones installed the same way.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricthemic View Post
Did you happen to notice how your dryer vent connection is attached? We recently purchased a new W & D which included installation. They attached the dryer with about six feet of flex vent when they only needed 18 inches. They made a large 360 degree loop. I told them it was totally unacceptable but they said that they had to do it that way. Installation took less than two minutes....No way. Causes poor performance and creates a perfect lint trap also keeps the dryer off the wall an additional seven inches. Had to have it fixed. Have seen other new ones installed the same way.
Here are some interesting perspectives on dryer venting:

http://www.dryerbox.com/dryer_venting_guide.htm

The plastic flex pipe from the dryer to the start of the vent pipe is the easiest to use............but is also generally the least recommended type to use! And "the shortest distance between two points is a straight line" - you were wise to have that extra length of flex hose removed.

Bill
Old 10-10-2011, 12:03 PM
Smile Tile Floor Cleaning

I just had Desmond Harris clean my tile floors (the grout was really bad). He did an amazing job. I would highly recommend him.

Shellie
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.