Elite lifestyles of Florida

Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2015, 12:45 PM
Default Elite lifestyles of Florida

Anyone had trouble getting them back to fix problems. Have had a leak since November. No one will return calls to fix problem with room addition. I've been calling every 3 weeks since Nov.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:49 PM
Eternal Member

I had a very hard time to get them to come and fix one of their windows that had clouded over. The process took about 1 year before it was fixed.

I would not use Elite nor recommend them to anyone.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:20 PM
Veteran member

Have you called and talked to Rudy, the owner. they did our room and we have had no problems having things fixed. next time I see him i'll mention he's getting bad press.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:58 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgone View Post
Anyone had trouble getting them back to fix problems. Have had a leak since November. No one will return calls to fix problem with room addition. I've been calling every 3 weeks since Nov.

Try Laura Thiele General Manager at 352-653-7085 if you can't reach Rudy.

They are having a Parade of Rooms open on Sat and Sun the 10th and 11th from 10 AM till 2 PM at the following locations. Maybe you can catch them at one of the locations.

1829 and 1631 Wading Heron Way
1091 Lakeview Lane
325 Del Mar Drive
1213 Edgewater Lane
579 Bradford Loop
1862 Gasparilla Place
Old 01-09-2015, 08:20 PM

They completed a very nice lanai enclosure for us and it worked out great. They responded quickly to any questions we have had.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:36 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656
Default Elite

Rudy is usually at one of the Parade of Homes locations. Imet him there.
Old 01-11-2015, 05:01 PM
Veteran member

They just finished our structure. They PROMISED they would return promptly if anything needed attention. I haven't finished paying them yet so we'll see, but I'm hopeful. The structure itself is fabulous and well done, even if it took a while to get finished. At this point I have to believe them.
Old 01-11-2015, 10:50 PM
Soaring Eagle member

If you haven't finished paying them, you are in the driver's seat!

If you paid them and you have still have unfinished work to be done, threaten them with the Better Business Bureau, Seniors Against Crime, small claims court or even an attorney. However, if you don't get action, you must follow through with your threats.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:42 AM
Veteran member

Or...you could try talking to Rudy or Laura first....as previous posters suggested before threatening them.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:58 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovsthosebigdogs View Post
They just finished our structure. They PROMISED they would return promptly if anything needed attention. I haven't finished paying them yet so we'll see, but I'm hopeful. The structure itself is fabulous and well done, even if it took a while to get finished. At this point I have to believe them.
Be sure they give you a release of the lien they place on your property, wasn't even aware they had placed one until they handed us the release. We gave them a sizeable deposit up front as well when we placed our order. Property owners should be advised anytime there is a lien recorded, but that's another story.

Last edited by KeepingItReal; 01-13-2015 at 01:22 PM.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:46 PM

would not use them. Had a very elderly woman friend use them. Work was good but way over priced... also one of the workers was very rude ( I think it was his son) tried to reach the owner and would never call back
Old 01-15-2015, 04:22 PM
Default rude and no return call since 12/2!

We moved here last September. The sunroom is beautiful and probably the reason for buying the CYV. In October, the door handle broke off the sunroom door to outside. After a week of research and trying to find the handle, a neighbor told me Elite put the sunroom in and to contact them. I called, explained that we just purchased the house and etc. I was told by Amy that the sunroom is under a five year warranty, they would submit a work order and someone would come out to replace it with a $50 service call fee. In November/December, the sunroom was leaking, discovered it appeared to be coming from the skylight so called Elite back again. They were extremely rude to me, told me that since I'm not the original owner, the warranty was void. I tried to explain to her that they came out a couple of months ago and I was told there is a 5 year warranty with a $50 service call fee. Amy was so nasty, I asked her to please have an owner or an office manager call me back. She said they would and nobody has called. I will give them another chance before I take a different avenue. I'll wait to see how they handle this situation before I will say if I would or would not recommend them.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.