Electrician needed to trouble shot several outlets not having power, all GFI. I can't

Closed Thread
Old 10-25-2020, 07:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,927 Times in 2,453 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by old boggy View Post
Almost every time it rains or there is lightning in the area, my outside outlets go out. This is disturbing because my lanai is now a closed in room and that outlet goes out because it used to be an outside outlet. They are all fed from a GFCI outlet in the garage. This outlet in the garage gets fatigued from all the resetting and eventually needs to be replaced. They are not cheap either. I can do this replacement myself, but if you are not so inclined it can get really expensive if you have to hire an electrician to to it for you. I have had to do it 3 times now. My house was constructed in 2003.

You may have corrosion from outside wiring and leak. When it rains water tripped the GFCI? First place I would look it the front yard light? Or somebody could of dug in yard and frayed wiring out to front yard lamp? It’s not in conduit just ran under ground.
Old 10-25-2020, 07:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,902 Times in 914 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
You may have corrosion from outside wiring and leak. When it rains water tripped the GFCI? First place I would look it the front yard light? Or somebody could of dug in yard and frayed wiring out to front yard lamp? It’s not in conduit just ran under ground.
I agree with that analysis and solution. . . The issue presented should not be happening.
Closed Thread

Tags
electrician, outlets, gfi, trouble, shoot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.