Family’s Choice Electrical Repair

Closed Thread
Old 08-17-2021, 12:43 PM
Default Family’s Choice Electrical Repair

A company that rips people off. Did 30 minutes of work and charged me $380 to replace two outside outlets that were not GFI’s. Said originally it would take awhile to troubleshoot but was done in 15 minutes. I even asked if it was just the outlet that was bad and they said they were not sure. They knew !!! Not honest and reasonable as their ad depicts !!! Stay away!
Old 08-17-2021, 03:33 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dszalka View Post
A company that rips people off. Did 30 minutes of work and charged me $380 to replace two outside outlets that were not GFI’s. Said originally it would take awhile to troubleshoot but was done in 15 minutes. I even asked if it was just the outlet that was bad and they said they were not sure. They knew !!! Not honest and reasonable as their ad depicts !!! Stay away!
A trades contractor is not your friend always ask labor rate ask if there is a trip charge if billing is hourly and or incremental there are extra fees for attic work.
Off subject by your own air filters, Munn’s once quoted me a $75.00 charge for a $20 filter. And $150 for your A/C capacitor that costs $19-$25 on Amazon. A simple analog humidistat $25 home depot Munns $125..
Invest in a simple home repair electrical book Amazon.com less than $15, electrical meter and hand tools.
“There’s nothing you can screw up that someone can help you fix” just make sure you secure power before you open outlet.
Old 08-17-2021, 03:38 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dszalka View Post
“ two outside outlets that were not GFI’s” ALL OUTSIDE OUTLETS ARE CONNECTED TO A GFI. May be fed from a gif outlet or one located in the breaker box. Bathroom, Kitchen, Laundry, Garage and all electrical outside are on GFI circuit electric code.
Closed Thread

Tags
minutes, asked, outlet, troubleshoot, bad

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.