gutters for our house

Closed Thread
Old 02-25-2008, 12:44 AM
Default gutters for our house

Howdy All: I certainly enjoy your sharing information with all of the present and future Villagers. As you all know, we had some pretty strong showers this week....followed by the wonderful sun! Barb and I are interested in having some gutters installed to reduce the water erosion that occurs in those events. There are so many gutter companies around. I would greatly appreciate some info on some reputable people to fix us up with a good gutter system. thanks for your help! Fritz and Barb
Old 02-25-2008, 01:03 AM
Eternal Member
Default Re: gutters for our house

Brian Terry Vinyl did well for me at a pretty good price.
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 02-25-2008, 01:46 AM
Eternal Member

I used Russell's Aluminum. Make sure that you get the entire job done at once. I had them do what I thought I needed and after the next big rain, I found out that there were several areas I did not cover.

Russell's also installed the vinyl railing across our courtyard. It is different (more decorative) that what the Villages installs.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:00 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I used Alamo Gutters, great job at a great price, they installed 6" gutters at the same price as 5", ask them if they still are running that special. I recommend them highly. Their number is 347-6390.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:42 PM

Thanks for the replies. For some reason I checked my posting of this request and could not find it in the "General Village" discussion. It seemed to disappear and I tried another post in a different category. Anyway, all's well for now and I will make some calls. Cheers Fritz
Old 02-25-2008, 07:59 PM
Administrator

I moved it to Contractors and Services.

Just trying to keep some order.

Old 02-28-2008, 02:44 PM

S&S Enterprises did our gutters, attic stairs and put some closet shelving up for us. I would recommend them, if you look around this site you will see many other do also. 352-299-4530
Old 04-09-2011, 06:19 AM
Default gutters/stairs

i used mandm services great price great compny to deal with 352 307 5972
mike manning owner
Old 04-09-2011, 06:21 AM
Smile gutters

gutters 352 307 5972 mandmservices great company great price
Old 04-09-2011, 06:35 AM
Default gutters mandm 352 307 5972

try mandm services 352 307 5972 local company highly recomended
Old 04-09-2011, 07:02 AM
Gold member

Our Gardenia only had gutters on the front. This week we had them installed on both sides and the back. We are very happy with the job. Hill's Seamless Gutters from Belleview was the company we used. We got the referral from TOTV in several posts. Excellent to deal with and priced right. Their phone number is: (352) 245-7462

Xavier
Old 04-09-2011, 07:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

The ground around our Camellia didn't wash during the huge onslaught of water last week. We just have the front gutters that the house came with.

Things are different here, no basements to flood and super absorbing sandy soil.

Unless things change, I don't see the need. There were puddles here and there that absorbed within a hour after the heavens opened. I personally have NEVER seen so much rain in such a short time.

We may have a lucky elevation with a half wall in back that separates us from Odell.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:12 AM
Default gutters are a must

i strongly disagree gutters are a must wait till your house starts to fall apart from termites eating at wet wood
Old 04-09-2011, 07:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan View Post
i strongly disagree gutters are a must wait till your house starts to fall apart from termites eating at wet wood
Megan.

The gutters wouldn't keep the interior walls dry, would they?. I know that sounds argumentative, but I don't mean it to be. Houses are built on a slab, the water doesn't stand around the house...at least it doesn't stand around our house. I found that amazing, the earth is so different here than what we have up North.

I haven't seen you post before, Welcome to the forum. Since you are new, you might think I am being a smart....a**, but please explain how gutters keep a home from having termites and we will have gutters installed right away.

Kindest wishes,
Gracie

P.S. Does M and M service install gutters?
Old 04-09-2011, 07:39 AM
Default gutters

if you get a chance today walk outside in an aera that gets very little sunshine brush away the first 6 inches of sand youll be surprised to find the ground is very moist termites live in the soil not the grass even though you have a concrete slab the concrete has moistue in it at times temites tend to love these moist areas also take a look in your irrigation box that sits close to the exterior wall you might find you a critter or two living in this moist area. hope this is some help for you
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.