Flooring Recomendations Needed

Closed Thread
Old 06-05-2015, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrich61 View Post
NYGUY: We also specifically want luxury vinyl plank "floating" for our kitchen remodel. My husband and I vowed never to put ceramic or porcelain tile down again as the dust and contamination to the house when remodeling is just not worth it (I have asthma). The vinyl plank we have chosen is at Floormasters but it is 50% more expensive than we can get in Orlando (Installers will transport)....JUST CURIOUS, did you also go to Floormasters? I don't like that Floormasters also wants us to pay for the shipping once they order the product.....THANK YOU FOR ANY INPUT.....your comments will save a lot of time..
mrich, I'm just about to pull the trigger on this. Can you tell me who you used in Orlando & what installer. I'm coming back to The Villages in mid-June to start this project. Thanks!

Northeast Ohio, Northern California, including Santa Cruz, Oakland Hills, East Bay, Stockton and Merced and now The Villages
Old 06-05-2015, 07:16 AM
Default flooring stores

we recently used Floors of the Villages to install laminate in our bedrooms. Great experience from everyone. Floors looks great, people were great and so was the price. Least expensive by far with same quality product.Call Allen at 352-748-9663
Old 06-05-2015, 06:17 PM

ANW Flooring in Belleview. They remove the baseboards and do it right without adding that half inch quarter round.
Old 06-05-2015, 06:26 PM

Try robetos floorin colony plaza great work
Old 06-06-2015, 10:55 PM

paulat585:
Yes, we used Lumber Liquidaters recommended to us by the Owner of the Salt Room on 441 near the Kohl's in Lady Lake (you can go in and look at their flooring to see the quality). There has been some bad publicity about their laminate having higher levels of formaldehyde but we are not getting laminate.
It is an hour drive but you can rent a U-Haul to bring it back and your still saving about 50% compared to prices around the Villages.....we have our own Installer.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrich61 View Post
paulat585:
Yes, we used Lumber Liquidaters recommended to us by the Owner of the Salt Room on 441 near the Kohl's in Lady Lake (you can go in and look at their flooring to see the quality). There has been some bad publicity about their laminate having higher levels of formaldehyde but we are not getting laminate.
It is an hour drive but you can rent a U-Haul to bring it back and your still saving about 50% compared to prices around the Villages.....we have our own Installer.
Thank you, mrich! That's what I was guessing you had done. Just went to Lumber Liquidators here in Ohio yesterday to check them out, so you've explained the rest of the process to me. Who are you using as an installer?

Northeast Ohio, Northern California, including Santa Cruz, Oakland Hills, East Bay, Stockton and Merced and now The Villages
Old 06-07-2015, 09:53 AM

We just used The Floor Shoppe and were pleased with the service, the product and the price. The only complaint was that the baseboards could have been done better. We wanted engineered wood and found one that was reasonably priced. In our former house, we bought an expensive wood and like this one just as well.
Old 06-15-2015, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marigold View Post
Please give me your opinions about these two flooring stores. I am interested in what you have to say about the installation of laminate flooring and carpets.
Both businesses are located on rt. 301 in Wildwood. They are the Floor Shoppe and Floor Masters.
I have used VGM Flooring in Lady Lake - Great work - Nice price - VERY honest!
Old 07-03-2015, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulat585 View Post
Thank you, mrich! That's what I was guessing you had done. Just went to Lumber Liquidators here in Ohio yesterday to check them out, so you've explained the rest of the process to me. Who are you using as an installer?
Hi Paula: Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. The Installer we use is Dan Hollins "the Handy Handy Man"...he's honest and can do just about anything....# is 352-459-3470....(mention Maureen referred you to Dan) BTW Paula, we ended up not finding the "perfect match" that we wanted at Lumber Liquidaters AND went to Village Flooring in Fruitland Park (thanks to other posters here; they have (or can get) the same product as Floormasters and the Floor Shop for about 35% less....WE BOUGHT our kitchen flooring from them and Dan is installing....GOOD LUCK!!
Old 08-08-2015, 06:51 PM
Location: Brooklyn, NY; Staten Island, NY; Monroe, NY; Maple Grove, MN; The Villages

We used Village Flooring and were very pleased with the job. They installed laminate in our guest bedroom (188 sq. ft.) and the total cost was approximately $1,000.
Old 08-08-2015, 08:06 PM

VGM Flooring - they did an awesome job on my Villa and priced VERY well!!! couldnt be happier and the "big" guys wer almost $1000 more!!! Vinnie - 386-878-1015
Old 08-09-2015, 12:02 AM
Sage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking View Post
We used Village Flooring and were very pleased with the job. They installed laminate in our guest bedroom (188 sq. ft.) and the total cost was approximately $1,000.
Villager Flooring
Old 08-09-2015, 06:30 AM

I have used Floor Masters, The Floore Shop and Nickel Tile in the past 3 homes my husband I have owned. Each has good points, but in all 3 customer service is not up to my expectations. Had to call all 3 to find out when the floor was going to be in, follow up was terrible and after floors have been installed, always something has to be cleaned up, fixed, or job couldn't be finished because all the "parts" weren't ordered to complete the job. The last house my husband had to show the installer the pattern to tile our bar front, the accent tile was done terrible so had to be all ripped out and redone. Wouldn't use any of these companies, but we are done moving for the next 20 years. I think
Old 08-09-2015, 05:05 PM

If you WANT to save $$$ and deal with an ethical, quality, Dealer CHOOSE Villages flooring in Fruitland Park. We contracted with them after finding our luxury vinyl plank (interlocking) for 40% less than both of these stores who also charge YOU the transportation for the delivery of the flooring to there store...
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.