Flooring suggestions

Closed Thread
Old 01-11-2023, 10:34 AM
Default The Floor Shoppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulcallaway View Post
Others have mentioned bad experiences with The Floor Shoppe. My experience with them

was not good either.
I'm thinking of using them. What was not good?
Old 01-11-2023, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael 61 View Post
I just purchased a home, and am too looking at flooring options. I want to get rid of the carpet from the bedrooms, and not fond of the rolled vinyl that came with the rest of the house - looking at vinyl planking - but I am not a handy person, so DIY is not an option for me.

You are kidding? I went and visited my rental that I bought In July for the first time in October. I was shocked when my rental said that it was "linoleum"! Could have fooled me and it did........I will be putting down the rest in the hall and living and dining area. Now that I know this it will be MUCH cheaper to do. I did do LVP and they give alot when you walk on them. You do not have to pull anything up other than carpet......Mine was the colors I wanted and felt just like the LVP I have what the builder put down for the info.......I am not going to redo it all.....been there done that......looks just as nice as my LVP I used already..........just sayin
Old 01-11-2023, 11:45 AM
Default flooring recommendations

thank you to everyone for sharing your opinions, experiences and recommendations for flooring
Old 01-11-2023, 12:23 PM
Veteran member

Roberto’s #1
Old 01-11-2023, 02:19 PM

I had Roberto's do my flooring and they did a great job. He now has 4 locations that I know about. I went to the one on Hwy 301 in Oxford because that was the only location he had at that time. Call 352-748-9663. He does other things, but flooring is his specialty.
Old 01-11-2023, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obnurse View Post
Good morning. I am new to the area and would like to replace the carpeting in my home. does none have recommendations on local flooring people that you have used and have been happy with?
Our whole house was done by East Coast flooring. Did a great job and they will even remove the molding and paint it for a small fee.
Old 01-11-2023, 05:11 PM

I’ve used The Floor Shoppe twice, Rey pleased both times. I think the problem is with their sub-contractors.
Old 01-11-2023, 06:16 PM

I used The Floor Shoppe last summer to replace carpet with ceramic tile. The entire job went exactly as planned and without problem.

However, the installation was completed by a Guatemala man with little English (I do speak Spanish however). He did the entire job by himself (which surprised me because some of the furniture moving was very heavy) in two days. I found out in discussion with him that he was a subcontractor and not an employee of the Floor Shoppe. His contract was on a “per job” arrangement.

But, he did an excellent job. And the next day The Floor Shoppe sent a supervisor over to do a walk through and do a final inspection to make sure that i was happy with the installation

I do not know if the other flooring companies use subcontractors or not. But that would seem to add a quality risk to the installation. I suspect it is very hard to find people wanting to do these knee and back breaking types of work

Whoever, you choose as a supplier, I would encourage you to ask and understand who will do the installation.
Old 01-11-2023, 11:31 PM
Default flooring

Quote:
Originally Posted by obnurse View Post
Good morning. I am new to the area and would like to replace the carpeting in my home. does none have recommendations on local flooring people that you have used and have been happy with?
We got bids from six different flooring companies before we went with Floormaster on 301. They beat everyone's price and did a beautiful, professional job. They also included base moulding. We had luxury vinyl planking through out the house and it's amazing. We always get compliments on the floor. Ask for JR and tell him Craig sent you. Get other bids and they will surely beat them in price.
Old 01-12-2023, 07:39 AM

Roberto's (Allen Jr. at Colony Plaza) just completed our flooring job last week. Liro and his crew removed our existing tile everywhere in the house (except for the bedrooms) and took up the carpets in the bedrooms. They did an absolutely superb job. My wife and could not be happier. Tile removal was completed in less than a day, the rest of the installation took 4 days. Cleaning crew came afterwards and cleaned entire house. We got estimates from four different places. including the Floor Shoppe in Wildwood and Best Flooring in Lady Lake. Liked them all, but went with Roberto's because of their reputation. Very pleased with the entire experience and would absolutely use them again.

Last edited by polirudb; 01-12-2023 at 09:38 AM.
Old 01-12-2023, 11:39 AM
Gold member

Stick and Stone is a good family business that does great work.
Old 01-22-2023, 06:33 AM
Default Update please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelz View Post
We just had LA flooring in Wildwood come out and measure for us. They had great prices and awesome customer service. We have several friends that have used them and are very happy. Anxiously awaiting our new floor!
I am also considering LA floors please update me after your floor is installed
Old 01-22-2023, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmrocano View Post
I am also considering LA floors please update me after your floor is installed
We are talking to LA Flooring too for LVP. The toughest part is choosing a floor. None of the samples look the same in our house as they do in the store. Frustrating.
Old 01-23-2023, 09:21 AM

We are considering putting in LVP as well. I've looked at this thread and see that the 3 most recommended vendors are Roberto's, LA Flooring, and East Coast Flooring. I would like to visit their stores to look at their samples to pick a color tone and texture, but I cannot find a store location for LA Flooring. Could anyone tell me if they have a store and if so, where it is?
Old 01-23-2023, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRE1 View Post
We are considering putting in LVP as well. I've looked at this thread and see that the 3 most recommended vendors are Roberto's, LA Flooring, and East Coast Flooring. I would like to visit their stores to look at their samples to pick a color tone and texture, but I cannot find a store location for LA Flooring. Could anyone tell me if they have a store and if so, where it is?
LA Flooring is on 301 in the Save A Lot shopping center. Where Ace Hardware is located too. We are working with them right now trying to choose a floor. Very nice father/son team. Very helpful but no pressure. They have a big selection of LVP flooring, and will let you take 4 samples home at a time. Good luck!
Closed Thread

Tags
flooring, happy, people, local, recommendations

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.