Floormasters in Wildwood?

Closed Thread
Old 03-02-2015, 06:45 PM
Default Floormasters in Wildwood?

We are looking to have engineered hardwood floors installed and went over to Floormasters today. Has anyone used them to install flooring? Just wondering if you had a good/bad experience and what type of floor product you installed.

We are looking at Mohawk Armormax engineered hardwood, so if anyone has installed that or knows anything about Mohawk that would be great.

Thanks!
Old 03-02-2015, 07:08 PM

I had tile flooring throughout the whole installed by them they did an excellent job.
Old 03-03-2015, 12:10 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

We had them tile our kitchen floor and will NEVER use them again for anything!

Old 03-03-2015, 07:55 AM
Platinum member

You might also look just down the street at The Floor Shoppe. We used them and were very pleased!!
Old 03-03-2015, 09:03 AM
Veteran member
Location: Indiana,the Villages,Port Charlotte fl ,Summerfield fl, The villages again

What did they do. I will also be looking for a floor install soon.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:51 AM

We used them and very happy with everything in fact went back having more tile installed
Old 03-03-2015, 10:19 AM

We are in a new home where Floormasters did the tile work. We have warranty work to be done. It took forever for them to initially contact us after getting the request from the Warranty Dept. They claimed to be leaving messages (with us not returning them). I just tried to call them at 321-388-8641. You get a garbled "leave a message" and then an automated "The mailbox is full". We have worked with several contractors in The Villages. Most of the experiences have been great (i.e. very service oriented, very responsive, timely for appointments, etc.) This company does not seem to fall into this category and I would seriously hesitate to work with a company that is not even reachable. At least (we trust that) we have the Warranty Dept. to help us get this finished.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:21 AM

Whoever you decide to use, make sure they do a moisture test on your slab. Our moisture was over 18% and I understand that you should not be above 10% for a wood floor. We had to go with a porcelain product that looks like wood planks
Old 03-03-2015, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
You might also look just down the street at The Floor Shoppe. We used them and were very pleased!!
The Floor Shoppe did our original vinyl flooring. We had numerous issues during the warranty period that they were unable to fully resolve. Rather than having them rip out the original flooring, the builder issued us a check.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.